Raccoon damage!

Ryans

Reaction score
I hit a raccoon on the highway. Not just any raccoon, but a monster. He was huge and demonlike and took out my chin spoiler and the slots of the painted portion of the bumper it interlocks into.

Does anyone have a stock chin spoiler they aren't using or has anyone had any experience in buying the $99 ones off of eBay? From the pics they don't seem to have pre drilled holes for the plastic robots and screws and subsequently looks like they would be a headache to install. Is it worth going cheap?

06 T-RED S/C GT

forum member
Reaction score
I hit a raccoon on the highway. Not just any raccoon, but a monster. He was huge and demonlike and took out my chin spoiler and the slots of the painted portion of the bumper it interlocks into.

Does anyone have a stock chin spoiler they aren't using or has anyone had any experience in buying the $99 ones off of eBay? From the pics they don't seem to have pre drilled holes for the plastic robots and screws and subsequently looks like they would be a headache to install. Is it worth going cheap?

First of all, I wasn't aware of a factory chin spoiler and my 2006 GT is a premium edition !

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
1fdd0a017284e59045b8f65e38e1173d7839d0fcab7fb9ffb1c3508a2b0b01cc.jpg

1fastTbird

forum member
Reaction score
Oh yeah, I feel your pain, but not as much pain as the raccoon felt (too soon?)
I had an unfortunate run in with a Labrador sized raccoon a few years ago. Destroyed my California Special bumper and went through the large front opening and damaged a number of cooling pieces. Luckily just weeks before my insurance advisor convinced me to change my comprehensive deductible to $100.
Good luck tracking down the new bumper. It gives you a good reason to have some fresh paint on the front end.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back