Ran a 8.756 while lifting at 1000 feet.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
hmmmmm........ and the liquid on the ground is fuel?????????

Frayed fuel line broke?

Yeah at first I thought it was leaking oil but oil was full---so the only other possibility is gas. Happened during the night---I had the generator running most of the night for lights and heater--but because it was dark I didn't see any of that on the ground until morning.

Had a problem starting it this morning, got it to work for about 1 hour--then it stalled and couldn't get it working anymore. It died. No way for me to recharge the car for later rounds.

That is supposed to be a good Yamaha generator to. Its very quiet. But its very sensitive. I will have to buy a Honda one, but I need one that is quiet, which means that is going to be $1500. Maybe I can find a good used one on craiglist or something.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
. That sucks. Can't get it fixed?

I didn't realize you ran no alternator.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thanks--I am pretty happy with the 1/8th mile time of 5.564 @ 126.74mph---that is an easy 8.6X when I stay in it--on a very conservative 200 shot! The car typically gains 30 mph from the 1/8th to the 1/4, which should put me around 156-157 mph.

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Awesome times man. Making it harder and harder for me to keep justifying all the money in my 3V. Once the twin kit is done I may sell the whole package to someone and start a big block build. Except mine will have a big ass hair dryer in front of it.

Holy crap! That's impressive man! I can't imagine what your car would run with FI on it.

This is for you two:

http://www.dragzine.com/news/video-3000-horespower-twin-turbo-big-block-ford-dyno-run/

^^^ I think that motor would twist my car in half.

TurboPete

forum member
Reaction score
Hey Paul just heard about your pass congrats man , haven't been on this forum in awhile , been busy with my Ecoboost and Foxbody.
I think you definately have an 8.50 in it . How do you activate the nitrous ? Do you have it interupted on the trans brake or does it come in on a delay ?

Pete

psfracer

billy badass
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Thanks. Yeah I am thinking an easy low 8.6X, would love an 8.5X.

Believe it or not, I have a manual button on the steering wheel. When I let go of the trans brake with my right index finger, I have to hit the nitrous button with my left thumb.

TurboPete

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks. Yeah I am thinking an easy low 8.6X, would love an 8.5X.

Believe it or not, I have a manual button on the steering wheel. When I let go of the trans brake with my right index finger, I have to hit the nitrous button with my left thumb.

You should set up the nitrous with a digi set timer on the trans brake at wot. With the big block you dont need to hit it off the TB . That will be too much and spin the tires. You set it up on the digi set with a delay of about .75 and start to bring it in sooner as long as it still hooks . Wire the digiset to work off the tb . That way you can be at WOT and spray is not activated until the button is released and the timer starts. Another good idea is to set up a button so you can purge the motor before you line up at the pre stage . Basically you pull up to pre stage before the 1st bulb and put the car in neutral hold the rpms to about 3500 and give it a quick press of the button you'll hear it free rev up . Just make sure you release the button so you dont hit the rev limit . Now you have pure nitrous with no air pocket . The moment it hits you'll feel it much sooner and harder .
My car is set up with a nitrous purge button and a Motor Purge button . It makes a huge difference . There is no delay .
Only difference is mine is set up with two relays one acts as a interupt. I footbrake my car, so when in 1st a micro switch activates the msd 2 step at wot but interupts the nitrous so it doesn't activate . The milisecond I lift off the foot brake the nitrous hits. Feels like I got rearended .

Pete

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back