Random misfire and ticking?

kylecm85

forum member
Reaction score
So I have noticed on my aeroforce that I am getting misfires. Like on the 15 minute ride home I had 4? Is there something I can look at. I pulled the plugs and found that one looks a little off. I will post a pic with this. I was checking the plugs to make sure they where tight as I have a ticking noise.

I have listened all over the engine bay for the ticking noise. It' seems to come from the bottom end more so than the top.
40481AA4-5CCB-4829-926E-C09A962150A1-21109-0000100763712C07.jpg

kylecm85

forum member
Reaction score
It's a sct canned tune. Bought it pre loaded. It's been on there for over a year now with no changes. Thinking its time for a plug change.

mineralgoogt

forum member
Reaction score
Scan the computer to see if there are any pending codes for misfire.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

kylecm85

forum member
Reaction score
No codes for anything. Wondering why it shows misfires on the aeroforce but no codes ever. Could the be that small that they don't cause codes?

kylecm85

forum member
Reaction score
I see that. I'm just going to change the plugs and be done with it. Might just try to blow the thing up. So I can build a motor.

Alfiedagr8

forum member
Reaction score
That plug actually looks like it was loose. And u can always look at mode 6 data. See if there is any history of a miss. If u don't have a code. Look at mode 6. U may find something

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kylecm85

forum member
Reaction score
I have not had a chance to scan it. But I made sure all the plugs where tight and they all seemed to be. Will have to mess with it this week.

Ssiptang

forum member
Reaction score
Did you ever figure out about this? I just got my aeroforce and its giving a couple of misfires on everyday driving around town. My friend told me a few misfires on normal driving is within normal parameter as long as it doesnt go past certain threshold and throw a code. Can someone verify this?

kylecm85

forum member
Reaction score
I have not found the cause. It has not thrown a code. Going to change the plugs once I can find them. No one in town seems to have them in stock lol.

JeremyH

3V Fuel Guru
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Get some autolite ht1's from rockauto.com and dont forget to use the discount code. Comes to like $60 shipped for a set of 8.

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back