Rear defroster lines faded

gtkid

forum member
Reaction score
Hey guys, went to go get my car tinted with ceramic tint yesterday and the shop informed me lime 4 of my defroster lines are broken. Is there a fix for this other than replacing the glass and can I tint over it? TIA. Here's a crappy picture

Attachments

• 20170903_140131.jpg
    20170903_140131.jpg
    494.1 KB · Views: 13

07gts197

forum member
Reaction score
There are kits you can buy to fix them but I dont know if it would work on such a large break? Does your rear defroster work in that spot?

gtkid

forum member
Reaction score
There are kits you can buy to fix them but I dont know if it would work on such a large break? Does your rear defroster work in that spot?

Thanks for your reply. I was kind of reading a little something about the fix kits but I'm a little skeptical. I'm not sure if it's working or not as there has been a crazy heat wave the last 4 days here in cali

07gts197

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks for your reply. I was kind of reading a little something about the fix kits but I'm a little skeptical. I'm not sure if it's working or not as there has been a crazy heat wave the last 4 days here in cali

Its cheaper than replacing the rear glass lol, not much to lose. But I wouldnt worry too much about it. One of the grounds on mine in my old 00 gt was completely seperated from the grid and it still worked except for a little bit on the drivers side. I dont see those lines affecting much. I think the guy who was going to tint your car just didnt want to be blamed for it and have to get the glass retinted if you decided to get it fixed.

gtkid

forum member
Reaction score
Its cheaper than replacing the rear glass lol, not much to lose. But I wouldnt worry too much about it. One of the grounds on mine in my old 00 gt was completely seperated from the grid and it still worked except for a little bit on the drivers side. I dont see those lines affecting much. I think the guy who was going to tint your car just didnt want to be blamed for it and have to get the glass retinted if you decided to get it fixed.

Thanks for much for your reply. I got a bitchin deal on installing subs and all around ceramic window tint do I guess I'll just grab one of those kits. Any recommendations on a brand?

JimC

Reaction score
I used one of the kits on my 2006 and it worked fine. Never had a problem with it. Also used it on my Mariner for multiple splits in the lines.

07gts197

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks for much for your reply. I got a bitchin deal on installing subs and all around ceramic window tint do I guess I'll just grab one of those kits. Any recommendations on a brand?

Ive never used one but I dont see them being much different. Im sure the ones you can find at advance are fine.

JimC

Reaction score
I used the frostfighters.com brand

pass1over

I like it LOW
Reaction score
I used a permatex kit bought from parts store to fix a tab that had come off.

Worked great for about a week and now it doesnt work at all again. Both tabs are still attached, no breaks in the lines, power at the tabs

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back