Rear Motor Mount Upgrade 2013 Fusion/MKZ

Wicked GT

OCD with ADD...
Reaction score
Steve,

Can you see if you have any data that shows that the part below has the same mounting as the factory rear mount on a 2013 Fusion/MKZ? The Fusion/MKZ mount is worthless and ran across this mount and it appears it would be a nice upgrade... just need to make sure it fits. If so, what is your price on it?

http://www.tascaparts.com/oe-ford/cm5z6068a

thanks,
Mitch

Steve@Tasca

Official Vendor
Reaction score
I honestly have no clue if that would interchange, which engine and trans do you have?

Steve

RazorbackMustang

MT82 Lover
Reaction score
Why do you think the rear mount is crap? What are you experiencing? In my Focus ST, the rear mount was, indeed, crap. But with the auto in my Fusion I don't see any adverse effects.

Wicked GT

OCD with ADD...
Reaction score
The rear motor mount appears to be one of the first things any of the Fusion owners tends to change out due to wheel hop, traction problems, and for manual guys... the engine thrashing around during spirited shifts. I don't want to add NVH so was researching other options than the Boomba mount (which even they admit adds quite a bit of NVH). Another member on the Fusion board ran across this as an option for people wanting a factory part, factory fit, somewhat stiffer setup, and minimal added NVH.

Do I need to change it, no idea, but for $50 bucks or less it will be a cheap mod for better traction and less wheelhop when I am on it. I will be tuning it in the spring so just stockpiling parts for a Winter install. To me it is kind of like adding LCA relo brackets...

Steve@Tasca

Official Vendor
Reaction score
It does appear to be a similar setup but that's as much as I know, did the other guy actually install one? If so you guys already know more than I do on this one.

-Steve

RazorbackMustang

MT82 Lover
Reaction score
The rear motor mount appears to be one of the first things any of the Fusion owners tends to change out due to wheel hop, traction problems, and for manual guys... the engine thrashing around during spirited shifts. I don't want to add NVH so was researching other options than the Boomba mount (which even they admit adds quite a bit of NVH). Another member on the Fusion board ran across this as an option for people wanting a factory part, factory fit, somewhat stiffer setup, and minimal added NVH.

Do I need to change it, no idea, but for $50 bucks or less it will be a cheap mod for better traction and less wheelhop when I am on it. I will be tuning it in the spring so just stockpiling parts for a Winter install. To me it is kind of like adding LCA relo brackets...

Is your MKZ a stick?!

Wicked GT

OCD with ADD...
Reaction score
Use the link you posted and try coupon codes FB2015 and SVTP2015 to see which offers the best discount.

-Steve

Getting this error with both codes?

Untitled_1.jpg

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back