Replace Saleen Boost Sending Unit With Vacuum Boost Gauge?

Mattr89

Cars>Woman
Reaction score
The saleen boost gauge sending unit maxes out at 10psi. However I am going from a 3.4 to a 2.8 pulley and possibly a overdrive crank pulley soon. Can i unscrew the bolt that the sending unite taps into the passenger side manifold and screw in a tap for a vacuum boost gauge?

It looks like a standard M6 or M8x1.25 threaded male bolt. Many boost gauges have these and I assume it could be a direct swap?

Any thoughts?

Razorbed

forum member
Reaction score
Hi

Of course you could do that, but the it`s a 3/8" NPT fitting, any vacuum or pneumatics company has them, but it might be difficult to find one with the correct outlet to hook your vacuum line to. I had to work with two adapters and gradually increase the vacuum line size up to my analog gauge.

The sending unit is probably glued in with loctite, so be carefull with the wrench.

Btw, there are Saleen Extreme Dash Pods for 15PSI, much less work and probably the same amount of money to change to them. It`s not the sending unit that maxes out in as far as I know, just the gauge.

http://www.brenspeed.com/10-2903-b15075.html

OneQwkStang

Improving the Breed
Reaction score
You can buy the 15 psi gauge separately. They are a bit of work to find, keep an eye on ebay. The Saleen gauges are not accurate and fail often. If you don't mind not having the Saleen OEM gauges replace them with something of better quality.

RED09GT

Equal Opportunity Offender
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I have a 15 psi saleen extreme gauge that I'll sell for cheap if you're interested. I have the dash pod and the AIT gauge but I've been contemplating getting a mechanical gauge that shows vacuum.
It is the newer style with LED backlighting.
$25 shipped if you are interested.

awesome autocorrect malfunctions brought to you by tapatalk

Mattr89

Cars>Woman
Reaction score
I have a 15 psi saleen extreme gauge that I'll sell for cheap if you're interested. I have the dash pod and the AIT gauge but I've been contemplating getting a mechanical gauge that shows vacuum.
It is the newer style with LED backlighting.
$25 shipped if you are interested.

awesome autocorrect malfunctions brought to you by tapatalk

lol haha spell correct sucks. It always messes me up. I will take it. I pmed you.

Wicked Saleen

Reaction score
You can buy the 15 psi gauge separately. They are a bit of work to find, keep an eye on ebay. The Saleen gauges are not accurate and fail often. If you don't mind not having the Saleen OEM gauges replace them with something of better quality.

Wicked Saleen

Reaction score
Hey newbie here to the forums, I recently bought an 05 Saleen, having problems with the gauge pods, what do you recommend for a replacement? Thabks

msvela448

forum member
Reaction score
As far as a replacement.... Love my Aeroforce gauges.

I also have factory Saleen gauges for sale if anybody needs them... 15 Psi. Boost gauge and an AIT gauge with the Saleen wiring harness and sending unit. Dash pod is NOT included.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk
7dd8b6370e846402b5d47fbac4014fa9.jpg
2545a5baaa5d2d2b48290ce56451cee6.jpg

Last edited:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back