Rockford Fosgate 8" in doors

TotoGT06

forum member
Reaction score
Who here has installed 8" Rockford Fosgates in their doors? I dont want to see pictures of Stangnets, im looking for actual modifying tips

nbk13nw

forum member
Reaction score
I have some RF 8" in my doors. I removed the door panels and then the speakers. I then used a heat gun to soften the enclosure and pushed the speaker into it while still soft to let it form around the speaker. 2005 GT

nbk13nw

forum member
Reaction score
No rattles from the switches at all. I have FatMat on the doors so maybe that is why.

TotoGT06

forum member
Reaction score
Which subwoofer did you put in? I have the P2D2 subwoofers. Ive got the back cut out and ready to start remolding but it is just hitting the bracket for the glass. Might need to put a spacer in.

TotoGT06

forum member
Reaction score
My switches i found rattled so much they wore out the plastic holding it on. Some 4247 automotive glue did the trick to stop those rattles

nbk13nw

forum member
Reaction score
Not really sure of the model. Bought them in 05. The only thing I needed to do was remove the bolt in the bottom of the enclosue. Otherwise they do fit snug but still within the original enclosue.

nbk13nw

forum member
Reaction score
Looked up the model in another forum. The subs are RF Stage 1 P18S4. And I remember removing the magnet covers to make them fit.

TotoGT06

forum member
Reaction score
yea i remember looking that thread up. Mine is an extra 3/4 deeper. Im starting a new build thread so others who want the new size can do what I am.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back