Rollbar installed and new Coolant tank for the Intercooler

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
no. The battery is in a pretty neutral position, back against the firewall and we felt there is no need to relocate it as it isnt gonig to do much, liek it did on older mustangs where it was situated on the nose of the car

Kevin@PMP

Reaction score
Exactly like Ron said, on these cars there is very little benefit to moving the battery on S197s when compared to Fox/SN-95 cars. Having the battery already behind the front tires and on the passenger side with the S197s when compared to the front drivers side nose on Fox/SN-95 cars.

Too little benefit when weighed against the cost, not to mention you will almost always add weight with a battery relocation unless using an expensive lightweight race battery, due to all of the additional heavy gauge wiring that must be used.

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
no. The battery is in a pretty neutral position, back against the firewall and we felt there is no need to relocate it as it isnt gonig to do much, liek it did on older mustangs where it was situated on the nose of the car

Exactly like Ron said, on these cars there is very little benefit to moving the battery on S197s when compared to Fox/SN-95 cars. Having the battery already behind the front tires and on the passenger side with the S197s when compared to the front drivers side nose on Fox/SN-95 cars.

Too little benefit when weighed against the cost, not to mention you will almost always add weight with a battery relocation unless using an expensive lightweight race battery, due to all of the additional heavy gauge wiring that must be used.

That makes sense, and thanks for the fast response. I know that Josh and I had talked about it with my car, but with the cut off switch you would need I'd rather leave the battery where it is in the long run.

Mick Mach

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Rollbars can be bolted in per NHRA and IHRA, if there is at least a 6x6" plate on top and below the floorpan at each attachment point and there is at least (4) 1/2" bolts per attachment point.

thanks Kevin

Last edited by a moderator:

SoundGuyDave

This Space For Rent
Reaction score
That Autopower bar doesn't look bad at all, actually! How tight is it to the headliner? It looks pretty tight to the side panels, which is good... If it's tight to the headliner, this looks like it would make a viable "mail order" bar kit. Any idea what the tubing specs are, and are there more than the four visable bends in the main hoop? Any bends in the brace bars to the rear?

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back