Seat Release Knob Question

oldmike

Reaction score
I have 2005 V6 coupe, tan interior, redfire exterior.

I know everyone has dealt with this problem, but I have the dreaded broken seat release knob problem. I'm thinking about getting the aluminum ones. My question is, how do you remove the factory ones? One of mine is broken but the other is still good, so I would like to remove it without destroying it. One more thing, would anyone want to trade the trunk emblem from a v6 for one that is for a GT? The round one where your key goes in. Again for a 2005.
Thanks a lot.

Last edited:

06slow6

Reaction score
pretty sure it just pulls off, and dont trade the v6 for the gt.. if your cars not a gt it doesnt need gt badges

bossmanpena

Team OverDrive
Reaction score
hey i see you have the pypes exhaust is it the same one from AmericanMuscle.com the pype true dual conversion.. whats your opinion on it and hows it sound and whatnot.

oldmike

Reaction score
06slow6,
I didn't make myself clear about the trunk emblem. My car is a V6 but it was wrecked and while repairing it, the owner put front and rear bumpers, hood scoop, side valences and badging from a GT. I want to replace the GT trunk emblem with the V6 one. I have already removed the other GT badging. I agree with you completely, I don't want to represent the car as a V8 since it is a V6.

bossmanpena,
I assume you are replying to 06slow6. Yes?

WereWolf

forum member
Reaction score
06slow6,
I didn't make myself clear about the trunk emblem. My car is a V6 but it was wrecked and while repairing it, the owner put front and rear bumpers, hood scoop, side valences and badging from a GT. I want to replace the GT trunk emblem with the V6 one. I have already removed the other GT badging. I agree with you completely, I don't want to represent the car as a V8 since it is a V6.

bossmanpena,
I assume you are replying to 06slow6. Yes?

maybe plasti dip the middle part?

sinabite

forum member
Reaction score
are you talking about the little knobs on the back upper corners? if so they just pop right off. Nothing special just pull it toward the rear

oldmike

Reaction score
sinabite and others,
Thanks for the advice. I figured it probably pulled off, but wanted to check before I tried it. Anyone have the V6 trunk emblem? They're like $45 on ebay and I wanted to spend less, if possible. Local junkyards have none. And I have a perfect one for a GT.
Thanks

Ampire

3 valve
Reaction score
sinabite and others,
Thanks for the advice. I figured it probably pulled off, but wanted to check before I tried it. Anyone have the V6 trunk emblem? They're like $45 on ebay and I wanted to spend less, if possible. Local junkyards have none. And I have a perfect one for a GT.
Thanks

Another thing to do is check out this guy's thread http://www.s197forum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=25262&highlight=gas+cap

He sells gas cap decals that other people seem to like, you could have a personalized one and it goes over the GT.

delz05

forum member
Reaction score
IIRC...a new one from local dealer was about 35.00. Did not have to pay shipping. I pulled my GT emblem off about 2 days after I bought my car. (Warmed it up with heat gun, used some fishing line to act like a knife, pulled right off) Would rather have the "traditional" running Pony, so I went with the V6 emblem

06slow6

Reaction score
hey i see you have the pypes exhaust is it the same one from AmericanMuscle.com the pype true dual conversion.. whats your opinion on it and hows it sound and whatnot.

honestly, it sounds nice at idle and at rpms it gets some drone and its not as raspy as id like it to be, but the fit and quality is complete shit, me and the person who put the exhaust on (certified mechanic, works on mainly custom systems) had to hack up my stock system and weld pieces in so it would fit right, rattles most of the time when im at a light idling and the mufflers are starting to get surface rust. i was very pissed at the price i paid for this system and its only been on the car for around a year and back then the car wasnt even a DD, if your in a salty area id recomend going with a different system especially since pypes wont back their POS product up..

/RANT :soapbox:

bossmanpena

Team OverDrive
Reaction score
thanks man appreciate the honest info because i was considering these in the back of my mind because i always told myself borlas but these were an option and no longer are

WereWolf

forum member
Reaction score
yeah i bought the system as soon as am started carrying it and damn do i regret it

i got pypes street pros mufflers and i like em, rattles a lil( i think cause the muffle mount has a gap in the hangers which allows it to rattle )
i only have one on so far and after car smogs will do the other side but sounds decent. i got it for 100 bucks so no complaints :naughty1:

oldmike

Reaction score
Thanks again for the advice. I pryed carefully with a small screwdriver and the seat realease knob popped right off. I had never looked closely at the GT trunk badge. The center part is perfectly flat so a decal would work OK. But I think the guy that made them said he would get in trouble if he made an exact Ford duplicate. The one I want is the V6 running pony, so I may have to look at buying one from Ford if I can't find a wrecked one.

KryptonKnight

forum member
Reaction score
I too like the running pony but if you are looking for a unique ride consider something different. There are many choices. The Bloody Superman is a custom 3 piece made from mirrored plastic and the others are decals. I sent an emblem guy on e-bay a jpeg of what I wanted.

3rdbrakebezelandskullcap.jpg

BloodySupermangascap.jpg

17GasSuperman11-18-08.jpg

07Supermangascaphalf.jpg

Last edited:

oldmike

Reaction score
Thanks for everyones help. 351inside is making me one like the original v6 base model. So I'm good for now.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back