Service Advancetrac and Power Steering out

AndrewG27

forum member
Reaction score
hey everyone, I know there is already a "service advancetrac" thread, but this is a bit different.

I had some free time so I decided to pull my spark plugs and have a look at them since I haven't done so yet. Well my dumb ass managed to touch an extension to the positive terminal on the battery to the head.

Just as I expected I fucked something up and now my traction control and ESP light is on, the message center says "service advancetrac" and I don't have any power steering.

I have unhooked the battery, reprogrammed the PCM, and I checked about every fuse. Some of them I don't know how to test, basically the big ones.

So I need some help in figuring out what I did. The car drives and idles fine, it just requires me to deal with some lights on the dash and give my arms a good workout. If it were just the traction control system and not the power steering out I wouldn't even complain, I turn that crap off everytime I start the car. haha

Anyways if anyone has any ideas or a wiring diagram or something to try to help out I would really appreciate it.

That's the shitty news, good news is my #8 is fine! lol

Bud

forum member
Reaction score
There is a big ass fuse immediately off the battery that is probably blown. Seen this issue on another forum, let me see if I can track down the thread.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back