Setting up for weekend fun driving and track

JediGuy

Reaction score
With the "budget minded" suspension bits you have, you sure don't need to be thinking about aero or flat bottom panels ANY time soon. Way way down the list of things to do for track events when you are on the cheapest Koni shocks + lowering springs. Sorry.

First, thanks for responding, and also thank you for the years long S197 build thread. Scout’s honor, I’ve read through it fully twice over the last few years.
On my parts, I’ll admit: I know. Some of the stuff was the ‘best value’ I could get long before I knew anything at all besides reading how to improve the rear end traction to beat a Camaro at a stoplight. Now... I know some of it is just cheap. The Konis were a step up from the original shocks/struts that were at the end of their lives, and I wasn’t sure if I’d be keeping the car with the addition of a wife and child.
The front splitter and rear whatever I won’t be messing with any time soon. Even if my current components were higher end, my driving skill is not, currently. The flat bottom panels... I’ll admit that this interests me more because I haven’t seen others do it and I’m curious what it would take to make it work.
One question though: What is a step up for springs? I bought the car with the Eibach on there and hadn’t ever read they were subpar.

modernbeat

Jason McDaniel @ Vorshlag
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Depends on which Eibach they are. Some are pretty balanced, and some have rear springs that are a little too stiff for the fronts. But this is splitting hairs. They are all soft. And all are pretty good relative to the rest of the lowering springs out there.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back