shaker 1000 trunk sub question

k halford07

Reaction score
i have a 2007 that was stock with the shaker 500 system door subs were blown so i replaced them with the shelby kicker replacements and replaced the stock amps with aftermarket and the head unit with aftermarket as well.
i recently picked up the shaker 1000 trunk sub along with the 4 amps
soooo my question is can i hook up the stock amps and sub box to my aftermarket head unit with rca sub outs?and if not is there a direct replacement for the 10"subs single voice coil that i can then just use an aftermarket amp
thanks for the help
i know there is info that says to get the harness adapter to run the factory amps but since i have two aftermarket amps running my door subs im not sure how i can hook the head unit to the factory sub amp in the truck....

ShelbySteve

Reaction score
i have a 2007 that was stock with the shaker 500 system door subs were blown so i replaced them with the shelby kicker replacements and replaced the stock amps with aftermarket and the head unit with aftermarket as well.
soooo my question is can i hook up the stock amps and sub box to my aftermarket head unit with rca sub outs?and if not is there a direct replacement for the 10"subs single voice coil that i can then just use an aftermarket amp
thanks for the help
i know there is info that says to get the harness adapter to run the factory amps but since i have two aftermarket amps running my door subs im not sure how i can hook the head unit to the factory sub amp in the truck....
While I’m not sure of this answer I wonder if you called crutchfield if they couldn’t get you sorted out.

DieHarder

Reaction score
The connectors for the Shaker 1000 should have the connectors for the subwoofers already in the trunk. C4157a to C4160a and C4157b to 4160b in the wiring manual. They should connect right up to the OEM harness connectors on the amps you have. Check out component location views pg 151-22 in the wiring diagrams manual or you can also find it online here:

http://iihs.net/fsm/?d=40&f=Component Location Views.pdf&p=17

Hope this helps.

DieHarder

Reaction score
Not sure of the ability to interconnect the aftermarket systems however. Might need a technical expert to review your setup.

07gts197

forum member
Reaction score
If you do put the sub in there you will need a trunk floor specific to the shaker. Just wanted to throw that out there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

WJBertrand

forum member
Reaction score
thanks for the help

I think the trunk sub has its own amp built in. You can pull a low frequency signal off of the shelf speakers, or if your amp has a LF sub line out, use that. You’ll need a separate 12V source to the sub as well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back