She's totaled...

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Good point here. I qualified for $3250 in total rebates from Ford when I financed with Ford Motor Credit on my 2013 GT.

FWIW, I got my base GB 2013 GT 6M with the tech and SYNC packages for just under 28,000. It had 4 miles on it! I don't think I have ever seen an odometer with 4 miles on it! it was kinda weird. LOL

On the lot that I purchased mine from, they still had 1 2012 V6 with the MCA package (no 2012 GTs) that they would let go for a song. It's a buyers market right now.

My car had 2.8 miles on it when i bought it.

kylecm85

forum member
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat as you. Mine was totaled last Thursday to. Mine looks a bit worse and so do I lol. It's interesting the prices you guys got on your rides. I can live with those numbers. Every 13' on our lot has a 38k sticker on it. Which I would never pay.

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
I can live with those numbers. Every 13' on our lot has a 38k sticker on it. Which I would never pay.

I'm with you man. I wouldn't have paid sticker for my car (just under $33,000). Heck, I wasn't even in the market for a new car. Some factors just fell into place and I pulled the trigger. Sure, I would have liked to have gotten the Premium package with leather, satnav, and all the bells and whistles, but I would have paid several thousands of dollars more. I can live with what I paid for mine, and be very happy.

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Kyle look at Dobbs Ford in Memphis Tn, they have several cars from 31. I know its a bit of a drive but i think it would be worth it. Or you could fly in and drive home.

konablue11gt

forum member
Reaction score
Kyle look at Dobbs Ford in Memphis Tn, they have several cars from 31. I know its a bit of a drive but i think it would be worth it. Or you could fly in and drive home.

several nice cars here in evansville at a few of the dealers including a white 13 boss and a very nice 12 gt500

Xorak

forum member
Reaction score

if you do what he suggests here, let me know. i know the sales mgr at one of their stores and buy all my Mustangs there.

mikeyfitz

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
Gap is a definite must.. It's a 4yr loan I plan on paying off before, can never go wrong with gap man. It's so cheap to skip it

kylecm85

forum member
Reaction score
I'm really hoping the dealership I work at will work with me but if not. I deffinantly won't mind traveling to get the best deal one bit. Maybe meet a few of you all while I'm out there.

nasty281

MODIFIED STANG
Reaction score
man I want a 13 really bad and im in memphis. is dobbs ford really the best place to go?

Grey Ghost

forum member
Reaction score
I'm in the same boat as you. Mine was totaled last Thursday to. Mine looks a bit worse and so do I lol. It's interesting the prices you guys got on your rides. I can live with those numbers. Every 13' on our lot has a 38k sticker on it. Which I would never pay.

I hear ya! It sucks, but then it doesn't suck because of the upgrade. I'm also surprised about some guys able to get a brand new 5.0 for around $25-28K. All I'm seeing is $31-46K brand new as well in my area.

I'm with you man. I wouldn't have paid sticker for my car (just under $33,000). Heck, I wasn't even in the market for a new car. Some factors just fell into place and I pulled the trigger. Sure, I would have liked to have gotten the Premium package with leather, satnav, and all the bells and whistles, but I would have paid several thousands of dollars more. I can live with what I paid for mine, and be very happy.

So how much total were you able to get knocked off the listed price?

Also, to all the other guys who were able to pick up a brand new 5.0 for around $25K-ish (BTW, that's the max, I want to spend on a used or new 5.0), how were you able to do that? Any specific factors, tips or tricks to get such a good deal, since it looks like these value in around $31K at the lowest? I've always bought used, so I don't know how to play the new car game.

Again, much appreciated on the help so far.

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
You may have to go to the more rural dealerships who have mostly stripper models where as the more urban/suburban dealerships have more higher priced cars with options abound. With X-Plan and rebates or an already low priced car and some haggling you can find them for around 27k like the 2 that James posted.

LAK3RS

Original Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Is it just me or is there an alarming rate of 3V's getting totaled? I think there is a 5.0 conspiracy...

Glad your OK, and GL with the search for a new ride!

Like mine!? Yeah, it sucks....

NickSezz

NJSEOS
Reaction score
I hear ya! It sucks, but then it doesn't suck because of the upgrade. I'm also surprised about some guys able to get a brand new 5.0 for around $25-28K. All I'm seeing is $31-46K brand new as well in my area.

So how much total were you able to get knocked off the listed price?

Also, to all the other guys who were able to pick up a brand new 5.0 for around $25K-ish (BTW, that's the max, I want to spend on a used or new 5.0), how were you able to do that? Any specific factors, tips or tricks to get such a good deal, since it looks like these value in around $31K at the lowest? I've always bought used, so I don't know how to play the new car game.

Again, much appreciated on the help so far.

Walk in to dealership. Tell them what you want to pay for the car. Negotiate from there. Also, research all of the rebates that Ford is offering at this time because if the dealership can get away with cheating you out of some...they will.

Now onto financing. When negotiating the finance rate (yes you can do this too) the dealership with likely give you a high rate. Tell them that's too high and you will have to refinance at you credit union for a lower rate. They will most likely drop the rate after the finance guy "talks to his banker." Do this a few times for to get the lowest rate from them. Just like the price of the car there is a point that they will not go lower.

Renesis07

forum member
Reaction score
Been in car sales for over 5 years, gap is a MUST IMO if you're financing and aren't putting a substantial amount down or financing extremely short term. Even the 'best' of deals can lead to inequity for the time being.

Example:

I financed $15,600 on my 06 GT a year ago with 39k miles. My car booked wholesale for roughly $16,000 and retail for over $18,000. It's a 48 month loan at a fair interest rate.

I now owe low 12's and my car books wholesale for just under $11,000. I got a phenominal deal and even though the loan will catch up soon, if I were to get into an accident RIGHT NOW, I'd be slightly flipped and loose money.

For something that costs next to nothing, it makes no sense not to have it if you're financing.

sinabite

forum member
Reaction score
damn bro, that seriously sucks. Glad to hear your ok though. Good luck with the search

sinabite

forum member
Reaction score
my wife was straight up ruthless with dealerships when we went on a search for a new car for her. I'm serious, i've never heard the list of demands that she wanted in a car for the straight-up low ball price she was willing to offer, i mean it was straight up unrealistic. She wanted an '11 or newer, with less than 10,000 miles, convertable, leather, minimum of 35 miles to the gallon......the list went on for days and she was only going to pay $11,000 walking out of the door and not a penny more. It took a month of going into dealerships but she eventually got exactly what she wanted and talked the dealer down from 20,000 to 10,000. I was shocked, she will be put to use when the Saleen 351 hits the market.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back