Shudder

quadking7o7

forum member
Reaction score
So I just replaced my spark plugs, wires, and coil pack on my 4.0. I started her up and she ran like sh**. She shudders, hesitates, loses power, and nearly dies at idle. The trouble codes are P0174 and P2197. Both have to do with her running lean. Then i think the P2197 also has to do with the O2 sensor. I can't drive her and I need her fixed ASAP. Anybody else have an issue like this or know what to do or have ANY suggestions?:helpme:

R7r5

NEEDS MORE BOOST!!!!
Reaction score
While it's running you can pull the coils off one at a time if it doesn't get worse you can check that coil and all connections there at least help narrow it down

quadking7o7

forum member
Reaction score
I was thinkin it was the new coil pack I put on, would it affect my timing or anything like that?

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
sounds like you got some plug wires crossed. the coil pack is not 123 456 order. (1 is psgr-side front, 4 is driver side front)

quadking7o7

forum member
Reaction score
I have the book and it says the coil pack goes,
Fire wall
Front of car

SH*** I think i crossed the 5&6:asshat:

JimC

Reaction score
It is easy to mix up on that 564 driver side. Just fix them and you will be fine. I did the same thing the other day with my car - and when I did the initial installation of the Xcharger.

quadking7o7

forum member
Reaction score
It is easy to mix up on that 564 driver side. Just fix them and you will be fine. I did the same thing the other day with my car - and when I did the initial installation of the Xcharger.
Yea, why would they do that? I think they do it jus to mess with us. LOL

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
lol, I was thinking of you, Jim, when I read this post :)

Why would they do that? good question. Probably has to do with the specific firing order.

quadking7o7

forum member
Reaction score
I got home from work and it only took 30 seconds, I DID have the 5 and 6 switched. She runs so much better now and even better with the new tune. Thanks guys!:thumb:

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back