SilverHorseRacing

LegendLives

Reaction score
I got my SHR flush window louvers yesterday. Took off the 3D Carbon ones and when I get a good day I cant wait to install them. I'm going to remove the glass like they show on their site, from the outside. Has anyone done this install themselves? Any tips or pointers? And any pics of cars with the SHR louvers is always enjoyed.

GIG4FUN

Rock 'n' Roll Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Love mine. Bought two sets painted Redfire. (one for mine one for the wife!) SHe didn't want hers so I have spares if anything every happens... ;)

All I can say is bee sure to put a lot of masking tape on the paint around it so you don't damage/cut it up sawing out the windows. Use a nice thick bead of butel so they end up flush with the body. Toughest part is R&R of all the interior pieces I think.

I bought the removal kit for the glass from them when I bought mine. Did you get that wire type cutter kit?

bullitt boy

Reaction score
I did mine, get a roll of duct tape and a ballpeen hammer.Tape both sides of the window and smash with the hammer. Takes about 20 minutes a side before clean up. Be very sure you use the primer that SHR sells. If you don't it is only a matter of time before the seal on the lexan louver releases.

LegendLives

Reaction score
Love mine. Bought two sets painted Redfire. (one for mine one for the wife!) SHe didn't want hers so I have spares if anything every happens... ;)

All I can say is bee sure to put a lot of masking tape on the paint around it so you don't damage/cut it up sawing out the windows. Use a nice thick bead of butel so they end up flush with the body. Toughest part is R&R of all the interior pieces I think.

I bought the removal kit for the glass from them when I bought mine. Did you get that wire type cutter kit?

Yes I bought the kit from them and on their site they show an outside of car removal and thats the one Im going to do. 1st layer masking tape 2nd layer I will duct tape. Im going to 2000 grit wet sand them and hand polish out before I install.

LegendLives

Reaction score
I did mine, get a roll of duct tape and a ballpeen hammer.Tape both sides of the window and smash with the hammer. Takes about 20 minutes a side before clean up. Be very sure you use the primer that SHR sells. If you don't it is only a matter of time before the seal on the lexan louver releases.

ahhh a hammer are you nukin futs ...lol I would be so afraid Id smack the body then I might as well smack myself in the head.

bullitt boy

Reaction score
If you doubt your aim just use a nail set and tap it with the hammer or one of those "escape" type tools they sell. I had no intention of putting windows back in and found the "hammer" method to be quick and easy with no chance of damaging the paint.

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
I think i would just break the windows as well.. i aint taking my whole interior apart to put some windows louvers on lol

69Mach1-409

Reaction score
The interior comes apart really easily.. It might take you another 20 minutes to take it all out and do it the way they recommend, vs breaking the window out.

There are literally two bolts, and the rest are pretty sturdy push pins. ..it all just pops out. I've had mine out at least a dozen times by now (dynamat, stereo, GT500 fuel pumps, reverse camera, etc) and haven't broken anything, nor do I have any rattles..

EagleStroker

N/A Junkie
Reaction score
I had a glass friend come over and help me. This is one of those that is made much easier by having the right tools. With him we had both in and put in around 30 minutes start to finish. He's done it for a few others local and charges something like $65, which is less than the install kit.

MSgt46270

Reaction score
Tape around the 1/4 window to prevent the paint from getting damaged when you cut the window out. On the new louvers, make sure they are clean. Use a lot of the glue stuff to hold it in place and then tape the louver in place to keep it from sliding.

Don't get the glue stuff on your paint, it's hard to get off and harder once it dries.

If you get everything from Silverhores (tools, glue) it'll make the job easy.

Follow the directions and you can't go wrong.

DSC02049.jpg

DSC02048.jpg

Last edited:

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

Want to sell that second set?

GIG4FUN

Rock 'n' Roll Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Want to sell that second set?

I thought about it when she said that but now I know it's good to have a spare set if anything "happens". I was lucky to get them cheap because I paid for them pre-production (when he was developing them the prices were low) and both of our cars are the same color so.. Having them is of more value to me than the money.

Thanks for offering though. ;)

ZmanM3

The Evil One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
No problem, I think I eventually am going to get a set of these and I'm always looking for a deal.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back