Skwerl's first hot rod

GTAmuscle

forum member
Reaction score
Couple weeks ago it was built motors blowing up now it's getting totaled. I've read through your build a few times and had great info. Sorry for your loss and hope you can get into another one soon.

Doug M

Fast Cars & Freedom
Reaction score
Well; glad you're ok my friend.
cars can be replaced. I know your feelings are hurt because of all the hard work you put in your ride, but you're fine and thats all that matters.
Good luck with it all, im sad for you Brother. Hopefully it will all work out.

i am ryan

forum member
Reaction score
I hope you won't hear anyone giving you shit about this. We've all gotten lucky getting the ass end sideways and it easily could've been any one of us. Sorry to hear about your car. Really hoping the part out goes smoothly for you. You've built a great car.

blk12gt

forum member
Reaction score
I got a ticket for reckless driving (4 points) which even the cop said I could go to court and have it reduced to careless driving. I'll most likely hand it over to a ticket attorney and see what happens.

Yeah, those are judgment tickets and in most states easy for an atty to fight, I think it blows that not only do you get to deal with the car issue but then the govt wants their pound of flesh too.

Sorry to hear about it but definitely look into a ticket atty as you don't want to get double bitch slapped with your auto insurance premiums.

Sent from my phone, spelling mistakes brought to you courtesy of tapatalk.

Wicked GT

OCD with ADD...
Reaction score
Sucks to see the carnage but damn glad your Okay! Cars can be replaced, people can't... See what insurance will give you, C-Liz-Go has her car up for sale, and for CHEAP! maybe grab another and do an engine/trans swap...

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Thanks, guys. I appreciate the sentiment, this place is awesome.

I'm probably not going to jump right into anything else just yet as the Mustang was just a toy for me. I still have my F150 which is my DD. I'm thinking if the numbers are workable I will most likely just buy back the car and part it out because I doubt I can pull out everything I want in a few days and try to sneak it past the insurance company before they haul it off.

86GT351

forum member
Reaction score
Bad news, I totaled the car tonight. Ass end got sideways, I bounced over the curb and slid through the wet grass smack into a brick wall. It's gone. I'm completely unharmed other than some chemical burning on my hand from the air bags.

IMG_2567.jpg

IMG_2566.jpg

IMG_2568.jpg

IMG_2569.jpg

I had it towed home and will begin parting it out in earnest once the insurance company inspects it. For now I'll start on easy stuff like the tail lights and accessories but I'm already working on finding a buyer for the engine, trans and blower. I have a 3650 and the stock driveshaft but don't have another motor (yet) to put back in the car.

Yes, I fucked up. feel like shit about it and had to listen to 3 cops berate me for an hour and a half treating me like I was the lowest scum of the earth. They couldn't even perform their duties and tell me a single thing without including insulting remarks giving me their opinion of me and my actions. Tomorrow you guys can tell me what an asshole I am but for tonight I've heard it enough.

You are not an Asshole. They are called accidents for a reason. Maybe a call to a supervisor about there actions is in order!

As for parting it out, I would not take anything off until insurance looks at it!

golkhl

forum member
Reaction score
Most important thing is that you are not hurt, or worse. R.I.P. To one of the baddest Bullitts around.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back