So I took my muffler deletes off and put the exhaust back to stock.....

ZXMustang

5.0 4V Owner
Reaction score
And man did I forget how smooth the car idles and drives with a complete stock exhaust. And WOW that motor sound it makes under WOT, I really missed that because it was being drowned out by the deletes.

So here is why I did what I did. I have the AED lopey tune, and I wanted to get rid of the cats because I didnt want to destroy them. Plus they are not needed for my pleasure car. So I'm going to buy the BBK cat delete pipes from LMR and run them with the GT500 mufflers. So basicly I will have an offroad H pipe and GT500 mufflers. Should sound great with the lopey idle tune. I know for a fact that the muffler deletes would make the car sound like a cup car with the cats off. So thats why I pulled them off. In the mean time before I get the GT500 and cat delete pipes, I put the stockers back on because I sold the deletes already.

And I can honestly say that I have been toying around with the idea of not changing the exhaust at all from stock again. The car is just so smooth and with the tune, still has all the power with no annoying noise behind it. I could listen to that 5.0 music all day long. Its just so pleasing to the ears.

BTW, here is a clip of the completely stock exhaust with AED's lopey idle tune. Just for grins.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HRuSWsd-Rt4&list=UUAB1MsZ0gpVotGEfGLlzpRQ&index=1&feature=plcp

Last edited by a moderator:

mikeyfitz

Resident Fuktard
Reaction score
I'd change it to catless with GT500 mufflers. That's entirely too quiet to me. But whatever floats your boat man!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back