So it begins... S197 to S550? Maybe?

Wes06

forum member
Reaction score
Imgur.

photobucket fucked over the internet by making people using their service pay $400<iirc> a year to host images, when it can be done on your private server for MUCH less

raredesign

forum member
Reaction score
Sorry to resurrect this after a couple months, but it is a good thread.

I know you must get a bunch of messages regarding this, so I thought it would be helpful to have the conversation public.

Unfortunately, as you are aware, the we can’t gather anything from the photos that have been removed.

I want to install s550 seats into my 07 GT, and I saw your post about the angle iron to space the gap on the pan for the seat rail. I can do that, or the other thought was to transfer the foam if the frame is the same.

Aside from that, what about the motor connectors and airbag sensor? Did the ends just need to be spliced for the connector, and move the airbag bladder over?

For the rear, you mentioned there was a bracket difference as well, but I didn’t quite understand what needed to be done.

Any insight is appreciated.

Jkoogler

forum member
Reaction score
Sorry to resurrect this after a couple months, but it is a good thread.

I know you must get a bunch of messages regarding this, so I thought it would be helpful to have the conversation public.

Unfortunately, as you are aware, the we can’t gather anything from the photos that have been removed.

I want to install s550 seats into my 07 GT, and I saw your post about the angle iron to space the gap on the pan for the seat rail. I can do that, or the other thought was to transfer the foam if the frame is the same.

Aside from that, what about the motor connectors and airbag sensor? Did the ends just need to be spliced for the connector, and move the airbag bladder over?

For the rear, you mentioned there was a bracket difference as well, but I didn’t quite understand what needed to be done.

Any insight is appreciated.

I just put the 15 seats in mine I used my s197 rear seat plastic and used the 15 seat foam covers for the front I bent a piece of steel into a 90 for the front mounting and welded onto the 15 seat bracket as for the rear just knock that pin out. To get the seats power working I striped the harness and wired the seats to the side seat switch and did a resistor for the air bags and haven't messed with the cooling and heat yet

raredesign

forum member
Reaction score
I just put the 15 seats in mine I used my s197 rear seat plastic and used the 15 seat foam covers for the front I bent a piece of steel into a 90 for the front mounting and welded onto the 15 seat bracket as for the rear just knock that pin out. To get the seats power working I striped the harness and wired the seats to the side seat switch and did a resistor for the air bags and haven't messed with the cooling and heat yet

Awesome. What ohm resister did you have to run? I haven’t looked at the pinout yet so which pin(s) did you have to increase the resistance?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jkoogler

forum member
Reaction score
Awesome. What ohm resister did you have to run? I haven’t looked at the pinout yet so which pin(s) did you have to increase the resistance?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I forgot what pin it was but i used 2 ohm resistors i think.

Jay Johnson

Reaction score
I'm not sure if anyone has attempted this or not. I know some guys have did the normal coyote swap and the 10-14 interior, but I'm in the process of converting my 05 5 speed to a 16 auto setup inside and out. Ill be trying to update the process as it goes of others to maybe attempt. Ive started off with a motor and tranny setup along with most of the interior pieces from a totaled car. Here is a few pics of getting started!

Rear Seats installed and working on the Fronts!

Hopefully going to start on the dash sometime tomorrow or the weekend.

Jay Johnson

Reaction score
Haven't posted in awhile but alittle update on the car! Waiting on a tune because my old tuner couldn't tune the new setup for a 16 car. Tried lund but he couldn't do it and the tune wouldn't pull my car off, claimed it was mechanical when I've been driving the car find without his tune, hop I found a guy who can do it! Interior is completely finished minus 2 small pieces that you can barely see. Car now has a 4c convertor, holley sniper race intake ported andnpolished, jlt cold air, gt350 ported and polished throttle body, bbr reaper direct injection nitrous setup for a 200 shot, stand alone fuel system, and a bunch of little odd and end things installed like a rear view camera and hand stitched headliner! It's still coming along nicely!

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back