Some editor icons for buttons are broken...

kcbrown

forum member
Reaction score
There are three buttons in the button bar at the top of the message editor which have their icons sourced from a system which, from what I've seen so far, is always down/inaccessible. The images in question are:

The system in question is 05gt.servebeer.com. The buttons in question are the three that are to the right of the "php" icon, which is used to wrap "PHP" tags around the selected text. The buttons are for wrapping "GOOGLE", "YOUTUBE", and "SFIRE" tags around selected text, respectively.

Please fix this. As it stands right now, the browser just sits there waiting for 05gt.servebeer.com to respond whenever I am editing a message. While it's still possible to edit the message, the browser is nonetheless still waiting for that system to respond until it either times out or I hit the "stop" button on the browser. Rather than relying on externally hosted icons, it would be best for those icons to be hosted by s197forum.com itself.

Thanks in advance.

stkjock

---- Madmin ----
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
For anyone wanting to use them, While the image may not be in view, they still work fine, just hover over them and click the appropriate.

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
LOL... sounds like he is opening a sev1 ticket that is impacting revenue or something.

I will go reset my DNS update. Forgive me for causing you such an unpleasant user experience.

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
Wow, who would have thought the mods would take it so personally when somebody points out a forum software error in hopes of getting it fixed? Hawg, it isn't a personal attack or any reflection on you. I also noticed this and was about to mention it but I'm glad I didn't. Now that I know the messenger gets attacked, I'll never point out any forum errors from this day forward.

It has nothing to do with wanting the forum to operate smoothly and everything to do with pointing out faults in the moderating staff. :handjob:

kcbrown

forum member
Reaction score
Heh. Didn't expect such a vigorous response.

Anyway, thanks for fixing it. While it would still be better to host such icons directly on s197forum.com so as to avoid cross-site dependencies, it now works just fine.

I had no idea that one of the forum moderators was hosting the images. Makes sense in retrospect, though.

It's all good. If there's some way of indicating the severity of the "ticket", then I'll be happy to flag the next thing like this that I open as a sev 1. :omfg:
icon10.gif

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back