Spark Plugs????

FastHorse

Reaction score
I am running Brisk Racing Plugs gapped at .034 11psi of boost from my KB 2.6L

How long do your spark plugs last? How often do you change them? How do you know when to change them?

I am getting a little rough Idle sometimes when I am stopped at a traffic light and seems to be the plugs. I checked them and they looked alittle fouled. I think I need to replace them already.

I have about 3,000 miles on them. The guy that tuned my car warned me that I would have to change the plugs quite often because of the design.

Let me know your experiences...

MSgt46270

Reaction score
I have the same spark plugs and it looks like I need to swap them out again. I might go back to the HT0 or stock plugs, I need to talk to Adam first.
Adam doesn't like the Brisk plugs.

Dex

I'm Dexolishous
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
HTO's are the only decent ones for our motors

dustindu4

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Brisk plugs are made for racing applications and don't last very long. You're better off with autolite HT0s

94tbird

4R70W FTMFW
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
the brisk plugs suck and have caused a few terminator motors to go . id stay far away from them

Hatchman

Stangless
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I got HT0's. About 12,000 and still going strong. Pull one everyonce in a while, and still look like new. Just don't forget the anti'seize.

FastHorse

Reaction score
where could I get the tool to gap the hto plugs? How safe is it to use the stock plugs?

FastHorse

Reaction score
has anyone tried the champion double platnium plug? It's a one piece like the brisk with the traditional gap type. Also is it unsafe to go back to the stock heat range? I am doing 11psi of boost with my kenne bell but we see alot of 100 + degree weather here and it's my daily driver. What do you all think?

don_w

Dyno Numbers - Who Cares?
Reaction score
Also is it unsafe to go back to the stock heat range? I am doing 11psi of boost with my kenne bell but we see alot of 100 + degree weather here and it's my daily driver. What do you all think?
FWIW, I ran HT1 (stock) plugs for nearly 2 years, 25K miles and 600+ passes, on 12 psi boost. Never once had an issue with them. Individual results may vary...

FastHorse

Reaction score
He Don, what was the gap on the plugs? How hot is it where your at? Just curious cause I have to special order the zero heat range plugs because no one has them in stock over here and I would like to try the stock plugs.

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
FWIW, I ran HT1 (stock) plugs for nearly 2 years, 25K miles and 600+ passes, on 12 psi boost. Never once had an issue with them. Individual results may vary...

Ditto, I personally think the HT1's are the way to go for less than 14 psi. 14 and above, you have to go colder.

BTW: We (adam) put the brisk plugs in my car at the track and 1/2 way down the second pass, one broke and another one burned the tip almost completely off.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back