Spherical / roller bearing front control arms?

DILYSI Dave

forum member
Reaction score
In my last car, a Civic, going to a spherical front end was HUGE. So I want to do the same on my CP build from the start. Rear spherical is easy - all the drag race guys have the parts for that in abundance. I haven't seen anything for the front though. Am I missing it, or does nothing exist?

Brezick

Yinzer
Reaction score
you mean for the A-arms? BMR has either poly or spherical arms.

908ssp

forum member
Reaction score
You might want to check out the White Line front A arm rear replacement bushing. It is significantly more ridged than the hydro hollow bushing that comes stock in the Mustang. I did a number of changes at the same time so it is impossible to attribute any one change to what I felt was different. But with the M&M caster/chamber plates and the White Line bushing both set to maximum caster I have much more front end feedback something I thought the stock setup lacked compared to the cars I was used to.

STEVE_POE

coyote powered fr500s
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Stay away from the BMR arms their junk !

funny , I have been running the bmr road race spherical bearing front control arms for over a year and they are good for me ? And I'm pretty rough on them.

Gray Ghost GT

Road Racing Fanatic!
Reaction score
funny , I have been running the bmr road race spherical bearing front control arms for over a year and they are good for me ? And I'm pretty rough on them.

What part number are you using from BMR for the front control arms? AA024 or AA019? What's your preference and why? Thanks!

Last edited:

DRock

Reaction score
When they FIRST came into the market their was a simple design Europe and a few people broke theirs. They have since fixed all problems and the new ones seem bullet proof

DILYSI Dave

forum member
Reaction score
Steve - do you ever wish for a spherical in that rear pivot location, or is the bushing rigid enough to keep the slop in check?

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score

Thanks for your support sir.

What part number are you using from BMR for the front control arms? AA024 or AA019? What's your preference and why? Thanks!

The pair I believe he is referring to, are the AA019 version. At least, that was the last set we sent him.

Steve - do you ever wish for a spherical in that rear pivot location, or is the bushing rigid enough to keep the slop in check?

The rear pivot point on our arms feature Delrin bushings. They have not presented any issues to date. I have heard nothing but positive feedback on those.

NEMustang

Mad Motorsports Products
Reaction score
The BMR control arms work great...I personally use the AA024 as my car is lowered about 2". Lowering the car dropped my Roll Center height to about 1.25"...not so good. The taller ball joint moves the roll center up to about 4.2".

BMR has great stuff...I've been road racing with their suspension for about 2 years now.

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score

Sir, I will shoot you a reply in the A.M. (email) I just got it, and am leaving the office now.

The BMR control arms work great...I personally use the AA024 as my car is lowered about 2". Lowering the car dropped my Roll Center height to about 1.25"...not so good. The taller ball joint moves the roll center up to about 4.2".

BMR has great stuff...I've been road racing with their suspension for about 2 years now.

Hoping to get your stuff out tomorrow sir.

Thanks for the support David.

DusterRT

Defected to Deutsche
Reaction score
I started to develop a spherical bearing insert for OEM arms but but after I got my prototype cranked out and did the math I determined no one would want to pay for what a quality, "done right" piece would run; my cost alone was looking to be $550+ for a pair in new arms (and then I'd have to consider paying myself for my time on the lathe, press, welder, etc). I have to laugh since now that I have a p-car that sounds incredibly cheap! Anyway there's a company that makes something similar right now but I am not a fan of the design (holy bind city, Batman!) so I won't recommend it.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back