Sportbikes

RetroGT2006

06 S197 Member
Reaction score
Nice bike man! I really couldn't imagine modifying a bike I mean they are fast as shit already. I guess I haven't gotten one because I would probably do stupid shit and kill myself lol.

Thanks! When I bought my first bike I said that to myself.. I'd never need to mod it b/c its really fast. Who ever needs something that fast. Modded it, ran like a raped ape. Sold it and bought a 1000cc. Said i'd never need more power, well I so some more mods and boom. The bike stock tops out at 189mph, I have ran it several times on a closed/abandoned road by me. Still stupid but no cars people animals nothing, so it was as safe as it could be for how stupid it was lol. Did that when I first bought it to get it out of my system. Worked like a charm, until one day, spring break I had nothing to study for and took her out with several buddies to a car/bike meet. Night ended with a court date and about $1700 later I was clear of any charges. Now I ride this thing like a civil human being, along with the stang. lol Taking the bike to the track hopefully soon. JenningsGP or PBIR.

just get something that isn't as easy to do stupid shit on! The bike I have (SV650) tops out at about 125 before it runs out of steam. Its very forgiving in turns and an absolute blast to ride. Its powerful enough to do wheelies but not so much at higher speeds, so you won't be doing any 90mph wheelies (besides, with the way the oil pickup is its bad for the motor). There are tons of bikes out there that are similar too. Of course every bike has its risks but some bikes are incapable of making the bigger ones.
Honda is good for long wheelies lol, even up on 1 wheel it won't starve the motor for oil, like Ducatis and a lot of other brands. My buddies 1098 would have the oil light come on after a decent wheelie and he would set it back down.

glad you said it, because every time I see one thats what I think. lol. They are beasts but god they are ugly...
Lol, believe it or not my bike with full exhaust stock tune and stock everything else with my 145lb self on it from a dig was out front by 2 bikes against my boys 09 busa with full exhaust and power commander. Extreme top end he WILL blow by me like I am going backwards.. I had him till mid-top of 5th gear.

Haha clearly the ugliest of bikes but I am a rather large guy (255 lbs)so couldn't see myself on a smaller bike.

I am jealous of you guys that get to ride often as it is a lot of fun. I didn't know anyone else with a bike so I would just ride by myself but I could see how being in a group could make the rides last much longer.

I know whatcha mean, my buddy Mark I ride with is 6ft 9 and the buss and zx14 are the only ones he can ride comfortably. I let him ride my old 600 and my current 1000 and he looked so funny.. He said if he was smaller he would have bought my same bike no questions asked b/c it was so comfortable and he was so impressed by the quality.

join a bike forum. Thats how I found people to ride with. Riding with friends is much more fun, especially if you have a communication system.
On both 600rr.net and 1000rr.net, there is plenty to ride with around here I just gotta get out to meet them.

I came up riding sports bikes, these days more into sport-touring bikes. I've toured all over the Western US and Canada. My '05 Honda ST1300 has over 126,000 miles on it. This shot was taken locally on Mulholland highway.
Still cool bro, I will forever have this sport bike amongst others, but I def want to buy a Harley Davidson Sportster/Nightster. Between my last two bikes, I have ridden about 35-40k so far. There will be plenty more miles to come =).

Love the bike cuz i have the same one as you :)
Hell yeah bro, post up some pictures! :thumb2:

way2qk4u2c

forum member
Reaction score
Here's one pic recently- new exhaust M4 with PCV and auto tune. Took my graphics off and made my own license plate fender eliminator able to flip the plate as well. I have the TST rear tail light with sequential turn sginals- love it. I also did the garage door mod by pressing the turn signals in the garage door opens- I did this to mine and the wives bike.

Attachments

• bike.jpg
    bike.jpg
    293.8 KB · Views: 29

RetroGT2006

06 S197 Member
Reaction score
Here's one pic recently- new exhaust M4 with PCV and auto tune. Took my graphics off and made my own license plate fender eliminator able to flip the plate as well. I have the TST rear tail light with sequential turn sginals- love it. I also did the garage door mod by pressing the turn signals in the garage door opens- I did this to mine and the wives bike.

Awesome bro, yeah I saw that mod about the turn signals.. I book marked it ;), when I have time I am going to do that with my garage opener and or gate opener if possible. Did you use his write up?

way2qk4u2c

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah i did- but i modified it a little. pretty easy to do. The gate opener will work as well it's just like a garage opener.

i also meant wife's bike not wives lmao

RetroGT2006

06 S197 Member
Reaction score

Yeah i did- but i modified it a little. pretty easy to do. The gate opener will work as well it's just like a garage opener.

i also meant wife's bike not wives lmao

Using his method, can I do both for the same switch?

way2qk4u2c

forum member
Reaction score
Using his method you can't use both. what you could do is wire up the high beams to do the 3rd leg

For instance when your on low beams and activate the the turn signal you open the gate and then when you turn the high beams on and activate the turn signal you activate the garage opener.

Unless your gate and garage are close together and if you push the gate and garage opener at the same time would both operate? if so then wire it up the same and itll activate both and 1 time. if your garage is way to far form the gate then this won't be a good option

RetroGT2006

06 S197 Member
Reaction score
Using his method you can't use both. what you could do is wire up the high beams to do the 3rd leg

For instance when your on low beams and activate the the turn signal you open the gate and then when you turn the high beams on and activate the turn signal you activate the garage opener.

Unless your gate and garage are close together and if you push the gate and garage opener at the same time would both operate? if so then wire it up the same and itll activate both and 1 time. if your garage is way to far form the gate then this won't be a good option

Kind of figured that, well it was worth a shot lol. I saw that high beam method originally and just never got around to doing it either.

Ike

forum member
Reaction score
I used to have an 848.

Considering a lightweight 600cc -ish bike... maybe a supermoto.

I commute about 45-55 in a 35 on a mountain road 40 minutes every day. Recommendations?

Captainstr8edge

Hardcore Superhero
Reaction score
I love my SV650. Its not super fast or anything but it can hang pretty well in the corners. The S model is also a bit sportier looking.

Curtis92

Reaction score
Nice CBR! Had to sell my last one to purchase the Mustang but I have plans of buying a Triumph 675 Daytona in the near future

ZX6R.jpg

Fuerte

forum member
Reaction score
So after searching for a good project car I decided to jump on a cheap cbr, 2g, it does need a lot of cosmetic work but motor and frame are legit. Now time to get the little things right.

Sent from my HTC6500LVW using Tapatalk 2

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1396664553541.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1396664553541.jpg
    64.4 KB · Views: 26

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back