Springs Help

ham

Reaction score
So here is my situation
I have Eibach sportlines lowering springs from my 08 GT
but now i own a 2011 5.0. I'm aware that putting 05-10 spring on a 5.0 lowers the front lower than it should be. so i've purchased Eibach prokits and i was going to use the front springs of the Pro kit and the back springs of my Sportlines. So technically it would be equivalent to my old ride. What are your thoughts?

RickG9

Reaction score
Personally I would shy away from mixing springs from different product lines that are also intended for different model years. If you're going to buy a new kit for the 2011, just use all 4 springs in that kit, they are made to work together to properly support the car at the intended ride height while maintaining or improving upon the stock handling characteristics. Mixing springs from different product lines (i.e. sportline and pro kit) you run the risk of having an unpredictable effect on the handling. I'm not saying you'll end up with something squirrely that you can't drive, I'm just saying it's a crap shoot and after spending the time and money to try it you're just as likely to end up with a look, ride, and/or handling that you don't like as you are to like the way turns out.

Unless you have a lot of experience tuning suspensions and altering spring rates, and know before hand exactly what the spring rates and load ratings are of the springs you'll be putting together so you can predict the outcome, I thinks it's best to stick with the work the Eibach engineers did in putting their kits together. :2cents:

J.Kidd

forum member
Reaction score
Personally I would shy away from mixing springs from different product lines that are also intended for different model years. If you're going to buy a new kit for the 2011, just use all 4 springs in that kit, they are made to work together to properly support the car at the intended ride height while maintaining or improving upon the stock handling characteristics. Mixing springs from different product lines (i.e. sportline and pro kit) you run the risk of having an unpredictable effect on the handling. I'm not saying you'll end up with something squirrely that you can't drive, I'm just saying it's a crap shoot and after spending the time and money to try it you're just as likely to end up with a look, ride, and/or handling that you don't like as you are to like the way turns out.

Unless you have a lot of experience tuning suspensions and altering spring rates, and know before hand exactly what the spring rates and load ratings are of the springs you'll be putting together so you can predict the outcome, I thinks it's best to stick with the work the Eibach engineers did in putting their kits together. :2cents:

X2!!!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back