SR headers opinions

NickD87

forum member
Reaction score
I'd bet money those are pacesetters
I have the ceramic coated ones and they are great, I wouldn't buy these unless I was getting them coated. The paint will burn off and they are mild steel so it will rust.
Otherwise fitment is good flanges are thick and flat. Ceramic coated ones had very nice fit and finish and welds and coating was great and still holding up. Catted midpipe on the other hand looked like it was made by a different company, messy welds etc just not the same quality but after some cleanup worked well.

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

stang_gang

forum member
Reaction score
so if I get them then get them ceramic coated? I wonder why no one has talked about them since their so cheap.

stang_gang

forum member
Reaction score
instead of getting them ceramic coated I could just wrap them in heat shield wrapping

hockeygod

forum member
Reaction score
so if I get them then get them ceramic coated? I wonder why no one has talked about them since their so cheap.
I had the pacesetters and had them coated after the fact and they still rusted through terribly after 1.5 years. Spend more money once and get good quality headers. Also I am basing this off the previous comments and assuming they are like pacesetters. They may be better but they sure do look like the pacesetters.20160328_021140.jpg

stang_gang

forum member
Reaction score
I had the pacesetters and had them coated after the fact and they still rusted through terribly after 1.5 years. Spend more money once and get good quality headers. Also I am basing this off the previous comments and assuming they are like pacesetters. They may be better but they sure do look like the pacesetters.View attachment 68623
they say they're made of stainless steel construction. So they shouldn't rust right?

ghunt81

New parts on old junk!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
They're probably 409 stainless which is why they're painted. 409 will rust but won't rust out like mild steel.

Looks to me like they sent the pacesetters to China and copied them, except made them out of 409 SS. The paint would burn off when you ran the car.

Anyway, you could try them out, if they're 409 they'd be no worse than regular JBA's. I replaced my 409 stainless JBA's with 304 stainless ones last year.

ghunt81

New parts on old junk!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I had the pacesetters and had them coated after the fact and they still rusted through terribly after 1.5 years. Spend more money once and get good quality headers. Also I am basing this off the previous comments and assuming they are like pacesetters. They may be better but they sure do look like the pacesetters.View attachment 68623

Yeah ceramic coating does not prevent rust, at all. Apparently it's actually a very porous coating and offers no rust prevention qualities.

stang_gang

forum member
Reaction score
I'll probably end up buying these and do a write up on how the install goes. thanks guys

ghunt81

New parts on old junk!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I mean there's lots of install writeups, honestly it's not hard just time consuming. I'd just be curious to know how the fitment is.

stang_gang

forum member
Reaction score
I mean there's lots of install writeups, honestly it's not hard just time consuming. I'd just be curious to know how the fitment is.
that's what I plan to do. that way others know if this is a budget part worth trying

ghunt81

New parts on old junk!
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Good to hear. It may be hard to judge just based off one experience, as guys were finding with the ebay headers that some fit great and some hit the steering shaft or the frame. Partly why I went with JBA's, because I knew they would most likely fit correctly.

hockeygod

forum member
Reaction score
Here are a few more comparison pictures.

20140417_184143.jpg 20140417_184143.jpg 20140417_184028.jpg

That price on the SR headers is really good though.

RocketcarX

95% of my weight is fuel
Reaction score
If those are the Pacesetter headers in stainless at that price there is no better bang for your buck. They used to sell for that much from Pacesetter and were made from mild steel.
I would pick those up and have them ceramic coated. I have the Pacesetter headers I sent out for coating and they have been great outside of a little rust spotting thru the coating. Easy fitment and nice big primary tubes compared to most competitor's headers.

stang_gang

forum member
Reaction score
If those are the Pacesetter headers in stainless at that price there is no better bang for your buck. They used to sell for that much from Pacesetter and were made from mild steel.
I would pick those up and have them ceramic coated. I have the Pacesetter headers I sent out for coating and they have been great outside of a little rust spotting thru the coating. Easy fitment and nice big primary tubes compared to most competitor's headers.
how did you bolt up your X or H pipe to it? I'm new to modding cars and this will be my first exhaust.

07 Boss

Reaction score
I’ve had my factory coated pacesetters for over 10 years now. Granted I’m in the desert but they look like the second day I had them. Nice thing about the pacesetters is a slightly larger primary tubing than most and the slip fit connection will give you a touch more ground clearance than ones with a flange.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back