SSP's 900+RWHP Turbo Streetcar

SSPSTANGBANGER

LSx Slayer
Reaction score
LOL Rick, he needs a better welder.....

Me or Bobby?
Bobby has a nice new Tig Welder
0eab8e4b442a305a49c51e73c7e64221.jpg

I have my dads small 120 Lincoln Mig because my badass Miller is still sitting in his shop and I haven't wired in the 240 to run my Miller at my house.

I really want a tig but I am going to buy me a 2-post Lift first ;)

Would have been way easier and faster doing my car on a lift
Lol

D98GT

STREETCAR
Reaction score
What are you getting? Retuned?
no sir. Triangle does my tuning and it's dialed in I believe pretty well.

Is it gonna be there Saturday?
Maybe he is getting a badass turbo kit?
Lol
Maybe something else?
Yeah it'll still be there I'm sure. Just depends how long it'll take to get parts in and to get welded up.
LOL Rick, he needs a better welder.....
My car needs a lot of things haha.

At tx2k my car popped off an intercooler pipe which also had my tial bov on it. It broke the weld on the tial and ended my drag event quickly. Bobby is going to weld me up a solid piece to go from the blower to the intercooler instead of me having 5 couplers or whatever that Paxton uses in that section. I've been fighting this issue ever since I added the jpc tial kit to the car as the pipes are different sizes that it replaces and the added length puts it in a bind in my opinion. Probably fine 100% of the time at 8lbs or whatever most use but I am double that and it's finding the weakness in that bend

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Im just messing with ya Van, i didnt know the circumstances to the bov popping out. From the pic posted looks like the weld said "Fuck It I Give" and let go. LOL

SSPSTANGBANGER

LSx Slayer
Reaction score
I look like Robert Downy jr in tropic thunder after working on it today
Lol

Here is the new pre-turbo crossover we had to build since there is no room to crossover in front of the engine anymore with the new downpipe
0b67098e44ac46d0e560b715eb7dffc0.jpg

A pic to show how massive the downpipe is compared to a Ford Racing alum driveshaft
8c295806ab80e7192a564b696c3ce9da.jpg

79f3dee01c7ad88676c53582eb842922.jpg

FATHERFORD

Reaction score
hurry up and get that thing driving so you can work out the bugs, hopefully both are cars will be on our a-game at the same time.

SSPSTANGBANGER

LSx Slayer
Reaction score
hurry up and get that thing driving so you can work out the bugs, hopefully both are cars will be on our a-game at the same time.

I hope so we got a lot of work to do in HTOWN ;)

Btw I got a in to possibly run in September at a no prep street race. My have to do some testing in the coming months for it.
Gotta rep the small tire guys and with the new radials M/T is releasing I think it could get interesting

FATHERFORD

Reaction score
I had planned to go to a no prep next weekend at northstar... Then my wife reminded me it was her birthday.

D98GT

STREETCAR
Reaction score
Evadale has a no prep race coming up too. Larry/Stretch is about to take over #1 spot I'm sure

Back