Star push button = low oil pressure

S

santi_bh88

I just installed one push button start and every time i start the car with the button says that in the dash.. I Asked another friends and they have the same problem. Which exactly cables i have to use. Because all We have same problem

Thanks

Ingwe

Sun, Sea, Sand and Camels
Reaction score
I had the same thing when I installed my Honda S2000 start button. Main issue with mine was the ground. I used a chassis bolt but the contact surface was painted. Make sure you use a ground that is bare metal. Should solve the problem.

S

santi_bh88

I had the same thing when I installed my Honda S2000 start button. Main issue with mine was the ground. I used a chassis bolt but the contact surface was painted. Make sure you use a ground that is bare metal. Should solve the problem.

The ground?? I think im using the same ground as the airbag

torchred

forum member
Reaction score
Do you wait a few seconds before hitting the start button? Try hitting the button immediately after turning the key. I have a push button start and if I wait too long it will say low oil pressure. I attribute that to oil pressure sensor trying to read when the motor is not even on yet. I know my oil pressure is fine but it says this every now and again.

S

santi_bh88

I want to wait because i like to see all the ligths off

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
When using the key to start, you do not turn the key part way and wait. Normal procedure is to turn the key to the start position without stopping at the run position for 10 seconds.

Try pressing the start button immediately when turning on the key and then tell us what happens.

S

santi_bh88

When using the key to start, you do not turn the key part way and wait. Normal procedure is to turn the key to the start position without stopping at the run position for 10 seconds.

Try pressing the start button immediately when turning on the key and then tell us what happens.

normally i dont do it like that. i like to stops when ol de check sounds ( pi ) goes off.

G

grimmy33

Hello guys,

same issue for me. Just wait 10 seconds before pushing start, and it appears no more.
This message tends to appear at morning start whith a very cold night...
Seems that sensor is a little sensitive. I don't think it has something to do with the button...IMO...

Ingwe

Sun, Sea, Sand and Camels
Reaction score
has to be the waring...

Definitely. I know I used to have the issue and when I took my car in for some other parts to be installed, my mechanic Louie (G.T on here) played with it and i've never had the oil pressure warning again. I know he changed the ground but no idea what else he did. Maybe he'll chime in.

I actually don't ever use the start button these days seeing as I still have to put the key in and turn it anyway but I really like the way it looks over the old socket hole.

S

santi_bh88

Definitely. I know I used to have the issue and when I took my car in for some other parts to be installed, my mechanic Louie (G.T on here) played with it and i've never had the oil pressure warning again. I know he changed the ground but no idea what else he did. Maybe he'll chime in.

I actually don't ever use the start button these days seeing as I still have to put the key in and turn it anyway but I really like the way it looks over the old socket hole.

I feel the same thing

fdjizm

Drag Queen
Reaction score
So you put your key in your car, wait 10 seconds then press a button to start it?

Is it me or is that pretty useless for the sake of "cool"?

mavisky

forum member
Reaction score
It's from waiting. I have one in my car. If I turn the key to on, and then hit the start immediately I get nothing. If I turn the key on and then put my seatbelt on or plug in my phone and then hit the start button I'll get a temporary low oil warning light that goes away as soon as the oil pressure gauge in the dash begins to actual read and display a pressure.

There's a delay in the sensor reading, reporting and the gauge displaying. When starting with a key that doesn't exist as you normally insert the key and start it immediately. You can duplicate the same scenario by turning the key to the "On" position, waiting for a couple seconds, and then starting the car with the key.

Has nothing to do with your wiring and there's no reason to wait until all the lights are off aside from you thinking it "looks cool" or something.

S

santi_bh88

I just wait to The batery charges everything in cold days if i start the car at the moment it doesnt start

XJCasper

forum member
Reaction score
Since your attention is to this thread and the comment surfaced...

I am curious on the amount of people who disengage their ignition start-up when adding the push-button. Possibly getting a push button tomorrow.

mavisky

forum member
Reaction score
I left my keyed start sequence in tact. No way I'm trusting the starting ability of my daily driver solely to a $26 button kit I bought online. I don't want to have to tear the dash half apart if it starts acting up one day.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back