Steeda black pentar

s197shockwave

forum member
Reaction score
The steeda pentars are nice but I wish the would make them staggered.
18x9.5 f and 18x10.5 would be very nice.

RyanS197

forum member
Reaction score
:drool:<---@ the whole car. I have the same color, goin with black saleens and spoilerless......hawt

Reaction score
Random asshole you need to get the light right. Getting black gloss wheels to look good in a picture can be difficult without the right light.
I agree black wheels look great and give the car a certain presence in person. Your car looks great and I couldn't even notice the dent.

You are absolutely right. Unfortunately, there is no such thing in chicago right now. Plenty of rain, though. I swear, it's like an autumn mansoon. I need a lighthouse spotlight to get these to show on film. I'll post better pics if it's possible before winter.

Oh, and Random, from looking at your sig, the new wheels kickfuck your old ones man.

Hey, I liked my body matching torque thrusts! lol. But yeah, I don't wanna put them back on now. :)

Random,

Did you happen to weigh them before they were mounted?

Looks great!

Dave

You know, that is something I would totally do, but I was in a hurry for a race and just slapped them on and went to the track. The rep stated they were 29lbs. So I don't even wanna know what they weigh with the tire. But they are definitely not light. The main reason I bought them was that they were only 180 a piece shipped...and they look bad ass.

Looks great. What rear tire size? What suspension?

275/35/18 Eibach pro system plus. It's a good kit. But I'd take koni yellows and eibach springs and call it a day. Live and learn.

Yes, unfortunately you can't get them anymore. I've been looking for another pair of 18x10s but can't find any.

Dave

I would kill for those rims. You can find similar design and size wedsports, but not price. At least I haven't, anyway

:drool:<---@ the whole car. I have the same color, goin with black saleens and spoilerless......hawt

That will look sweet. I'm thinking about 10in wide black saleens all the way around for track wheels next year since they are so god damn cheap on fleabay.

dkegel

forum member
Reaction score
That will look sweet. I'm thinking about 10in wide black saleens all the way around for track wheels next year since they are so god damn cheap on fleabay.

Hmmm... Tell me more. Are these wheels originally for the '05 and up cars or the earlier cars? I shall search.

Dave

Reaction score
Hmmm... Tell me more. Are these wheels originally for the '05 and up cars or the earlier cars? I shall search.

Dave

The ones I was talking about were sn95 offset. They generally come in staggered offset, but I was thinking about contacting one of the stores and asking for 4 rears. Worst case scenario, you could buy two sets and sell the four 9in fronts. They cost like 350-380 per set, so it still works out pretty damn cheap. S197 offsets are available, but they are not as cheap and I am not sure whether they fit BBKs. I have seen a set of sn95s on Steve Poes car with a roush bbk, so I would shoot for that until confirmation that s197 offsets fit. For track wheels, who cares if they stick out a smidge as long as they dont rub. Plus, wouldnt the wider track be desireable?

dkegel

forum member
Reaction score
For track wheels, who cares if they stick out a smidge as long as they dont rub. Plus, wouldnt the wider track be desireable?

If the offset's not too wonky, I don't think that would hurt. May be a little tougher on the wheel bearings but it's probably minimal. Again though, the wheel weight is probably most important. For street wheels it doesn't matter, but unsprung weight is not your friend on the track.

Dave

s197shockwave

forum member
Reaction score
mY SALEENS are sn95 offset. I have 18x9 fronts and 18x10 rears.
I am selling the rears with tires (nitto nt555 285/40/18 ) becasue I bought 05+ offset 18x10s for my 315/35/18 DRs.
My cars steering response seem quicker than my cousins ( he also has the same wheel and tire size and suspension mods) and we think its due to the widder track.
Let me know if anyone is interested in my 18x10 saleens the are perfect, no damage.

picture.php

gmantheman

forum member
Reaction score
I almost went with the same set-up as the OP. Looks good. With the black wheels, the car has a menacing appearance.

Axes-Of-Evil

forum member
Reaction score
are Wedsport's really that sought after?? If so I'm damn lucky I stole em from Duster lmao. The pentars looks awesome!! i was thinkin of grabbing those but then I saw the Wedsports :)

dkegel

forum member
Reaction score
are Wedsport's really that sought after?? If so I'm damn lucky I stole em from Duster lmao. The pentars looks awesome!! i was thinkin of grabbing those but then I saw the Wedsports :)

You have the TC005's? What size(s) do you have? IMO, they were by far the best bang for the buck given their weight and their price.

09JPG.jpg

Axes-Of-Evil

forum member
Reaction score
You have the TC005's? What size(s) do you have? IMO, they were by far the best bang for the buck given their weight and their price.
yup they're my first performance mod to start tracking the car :) they're 18x9's and a 34mm offset I believe. I definitely agree on the bang for the buck I got em for 1k shipped, with some used NT01s on em. Best money I've ever spent I love the rims.. they weigh less than my stock ones and look a hell of a lot better too. Why'd they stop making them? I love these rims it scares me that I can't easily replace them now that I think about it...

3VPOWA

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Looks good! I first saw these rims (Pentar's) on a GT500 in March 2008 on a different forum and knew I HAD to have them for my GT. March of this year I finally got a set!

808muscle

forum member
Reaction score
Looks awesome to me!!! As you said too, black is hard to capture on camera......depth doesnt show up well. Very stealth....like it!

patrick

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back