Steeda street Hood with/without hood pins

Snakebyte94

forum member
Reaction score
Hi guy's I'm trying to figure out if I need hood pins with my Steeda street hood. I know that the race hood needs them. But does the street hood need them. I like the clean look without them but then again I don't want my new hood catching air. This is the first time I'm changing out a stock hood. Please help.

Wicked GT

OCD with ADD...
Reaction score
I was told by Steeda that the street hood did not require hood pins but they were recommended. I would ping Steeda (they are a vendor on here) and verify just so you heard it direct... and have it in writing.

Snakebyte94

forum member
Reaction score
I called them they said the same as you. Just wanted to know if anyone had the hood and didn't put the pins in. See what they think. I like a cleaner look to the body without them. I may just wait and see if I have any problems. Thanks

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
Since you already have the stealth pins, why not put them on your new hood? You dont have to worry about the hood flying up that way.

one eyed willy

Pizzle fo shizzle
Reaction score
anyone know if the stealth dood pins will work on the 2013 hoods? i dont see why they wouldnt but i also dont see them listed on thier website above 2009

NotQuik

I can't drive
Reaction score
I have a Kaenan hood which is who makes them for Steeda. Currently, I do not have hood pins and at high speeds the hood lifts and shakes about as bad as the stock hood did. If you already have the WMS pins, I'd certainly consider using them with the new hood.

RocketcarX

95% of my weight is fuel
Reaction score
HOw well do these pins stay in a fiberglass hood? It's odd to me they would list "double sided tape" as part of the method of attachment.

NotQuik

I can't drive
Reaction score
There was a member on here that had them in his Kaenan hood and had no issues? I want to say he also used some sort of epoxy to help attach it on the hood side. Might be a thread somewhere on here regarding that.

GoneFord

forum member
Reaction score
I would go with these http://www.wmsracing.com/wmsweb/hoodpins.html just for added safety. I wish these had been available when I did my hood.

Earl

Those would be great! I haven't been using my Scott Drake pins for fear someone would liberate them since I removed the corroded retaining cables they are no longer secured to the vehicle. During a spirited drive the hood popped - more than unsettling.

Snakebyte94

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks guy's. This hood looks so nice and clean. I'm not going to drill through it. I'll use the WMS racing hood pin's. I'm just going to call them first. See what they say. Again I thank you for every ones input. This site has some wonderful and helpful people.
Your friend,
Raymond

fzr confused

Reaction score
i have their race hood, and man is it sexy! buuuut even with my aerocatch latches it shakes a LOT from 75-100. i know apples to oranges here but since you have those hidden pins, i would just reuse them.

RocketcarX

95% of my weight is fuel
Reaction score
I still gotta wonder how well these will work with fiberglass. I've been thinking about using the flush, thru hood style, you see hardware but it's low key and classy, lol.

JP06GT

forum member
Reaction score
I have the Kaenan hood and I went with the Shelby/Scott drake hood pins just for added safety! I didn't really want them at all but I don't want my hood flying up and ruining it and my car! And now the hood is solid as a rock!

If you already have the stealth pins I'd use them! I wanted them but they were a little out of my price range!

69Mach1-409

Reaction score
I've had the Kaenen hood for a few years now and am on the fence concerning hood pins.. I've had the 2010 under body panel sense before the hood and I don't really see much shake until I'm north of 100 mph.

AnotherS197

forum member
Reaction score
The aerocatch latches are another option. Although I would really just reuse the stealth pins since you already have them. I didn't know about those, they look pretty nice.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back