Steeda Watts Link

OvalSports

Reaction score
We picked up a Steeda Watts Link to compliment are S197 7.5 to 8.8 rear end swap. Unfortunately it doesn’t look to be compatible with our convertible body stiffeners.

Anyone know what years/trims the Steeda Watts Link system is compatible with? I believe it is 2005-2014 hardtops only.

Also, what is the best rear axle system to run? We have a 2013 track pack 373 geared 8.8 going in this week/next week.

F4050929-E384-4827-98F0-0639B6E4F0A9.jpeg

AHaze

Reaction score
Lots of people with convertibles have permanently removed the under axle braces. If you're attacking corners in a 'vert hard enough to justify changing out the panhard bar for a watts, you should probably be installing a roll bar anyway.

OvalSports

Reaction score
So if I understand correctly, remove the braces when roll bar is installed. Wouldn’t removing them without a roll bar in place cause major flexing of the body?

Also, my understanding is that the Watts Link system was the best improvement for a Live Axle.

AHaze

Reaction score
The braces are only screwed into thin sheet metal. Im sure they provide some function but the car isn't going to fold in half without them.
A watts link is certainly the best way to laterally locate a live axle. The question is will you notice the improvement over the panhard bar? If you're not going to compete in road race, time attack or autocross, the answer is probably no.

Ricksgarage

Reaction score
I removed my braces when I installed my BMR watts link. I have not noticed any added flex from them not being there. When I was researching it seemed many other had removed them or found them rusted out not doing anything.

The biggest improvement I have noticed with the watts link is when hitting a bump under heavy acceleration or hitting a bump in a corner the car doesn't have a side shift. Car seems to stay planted more. It was worth the upgrade for me.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back