str t struts & shocks

Lawlessjay

forum member
Reaction score
I recently purchased 05-09 str t struts & shocks for my 13 GT. I just read that they will drop the front another 1/4". If so what springs should I go with to get a nice even drop? Do you think the "k" springs would be a good choice and would the car be level.

Grabber Blue 5.0

forum member
Reaction score
Those Ford Racing K-Springs do not give a comfortable ride. Many guys seem to complain about them.

SNKPWR

forum member
Reaction score
I had K springs on my 07 and thought it rode pretty good. Firmer than stock sure, but not bad.

Last edited:

Grabber Blue 5.0

forum member
Reaction score
The 05-10 struts are just a hair shorter than the 2001+ struts so it does drop the front end down just a little more.

05gtowner

forum member
Reaction score

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
I have the roush springs on my 05 with the Koni STR.T shocks and struts and it rides wonderful. Not harsh at all yet firms up the ride considerably.

Crumb I thought nobody ever did this - I already had roush rear springs, the STR.T's aren't that great with stock springs, so I picked up roush front springs and new frpp jounce dampers... sounds like it's going to work well.

05gtowner

forum member
Reaction score
Crumb I thought nobody ever did this - I already had roush rear springs, the STR.T's aren't that great with stock springs, so I picked up roush front springs and new frpp jounce dampers... sounds like it's going to work well.

It rides nicer than it did stock I can tell you that. I completed the whole thing with the Koni STR.T's, Roush springs, J&M panhard bar, Steeda HD Strut mounts, Shelby sway bar end links, and UMI upper and lower tubular rear control arms. Not only is the car better balanced but it handles the way I think it should from the factory. I too started with just the Roush rear to level the car out then after a month or two decided to do the whole thing and get it sitting and riding correctly.

eighty6gt

forum member
Reaction score
Cool, thanks for the info. I'm going to see how it handles (probably fine,) and maybe add the BMR rear swaybar - it's the same diameter as the Roush unit. Little nicer, I think, comes with end links.

05gtowner

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah F/R sways are next on my list. But I can tell you the limiting factor now is the tires.

DILYSI Dave

forum member
Reaction score
I have K springs in my '06 and think they are perfect for street. Little soft for autox use, but certainly firmer than stock, and make the car way more composed.

JayhawkS197

Reaction score
K springs give a similar rake like factory, however the BMR level the ride. I have K springs cause i like the rake.

BleedinBlue

forum member
Reaction score
STR.T's here with BMR springs. The ride is OK, but they still seem too firm to me. The front is definitely lower than the back, too.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back