Strano Adjustable Rear Swaybar and Reloc Brackets

Racer47

Doesn't have much to say
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have a Strano adjustable rear sway bar with Ford relocation brackets? I'm trying to find out if this combo fits or not. His website says it fits with UMI brackets but may not fit with others.

I've called and emailed but no reply yet. Thought I'd ask here since it seems like everything has been tried by someone. And yes I searched with no luck.

http://www.stranoparts.com/partdetails.php?PartID=868&CategoryID=80&ModelID=5

http://www.americanmuscle.com/frpp-lca-relocation-bracket-0512.html

Last edited by a moderator:

Racer47

Doesn't have much to say
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
If anyone cares, it's a tight fit but it does work, with one minor change.

The bolt that connects the end of the sway bar to the axle bracket needs to be installed with the bolt head towards the middle of the car first. Then the axle bracket can be bolted to the axle. So to change the sway bar stiffness, those three bolts needs to come off on each side.

Without reloc brackets, the axle bracket to sway bar bolt can be mounted with the bolt head facing the outside of the car. Then only that one bolt needs to come off to change stiffness.

I think this sway bar should work with any reloc bracket by doing this. The bar, all the parts and the overall design with adjustment is very nice. I'd highly recommend it.

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
Thanks fro the info! I have CHE relo brackets, and have been eyeing a new set of sway bars, and the Stranos are on my list. I am always concerned about parts from different manufacturers working together.

What front sway are you running? Have you had a chance to get any good feedback on the Starno rear sway bar?

Racer47

Doesn't have much to say
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I like the Strano adjustable rear bar. Its a good design. It doesn't mount to the rear end so you can still use jack stands on the axle tubes and jack on the pumpkin without any hassle.

Right now I'm running it full stiff just to see how stiff it is (plenty stiff) and to make sure it clears everything (it does). From what I've found most guys with Strano bars front and back, have the front full soft and the back in the middle. I still have the stock front sway bar but I'm going to drill another set of link holes towards the front to make it stiffer. That should result in a rate that is between Stranos bar full soft and middle positions. Then I'll adjust the rear as needed.

Strano Performance 35mm hollow: 472, 547, 642 lbs/in
Ford 34mm hollow (2005-2010 GT): 385 lbs/in
Ford 34.6mm hollow (2011+ GT, Brembo, Boss): 436 lbs/in

Whiskey11

SCCA Autoscrosser #23 STU
Reaction score
I like the Strano adjustable rear bar. Its a good design. It doesn't mount to the rear end so you can still use jack stands on the axle tubes and jack on the pumpkin without any hassle.

Right now I'm running it full stiff just to see how stiff it is (plenty stiff) and to make sure it clears everything (it does). From what I've found most guys with Strano bars front and back, have the front full soft and the back in the middle. I still have the stock front sway bar but I'm going to drill another set of link holes towards the front to make it stiffer. That should result in a rate that is between Stranos bar full soft and middle positions. Then I'll adjust the rear as needed.

Strano Performance 35mm hollow: 472, 547, 642 lbs/in
Ford 34mm hollow (2005-2010 GT): 385 lbs/in
Ford 34.6mm hollow (2011+ GT, Brembo, Boss): 436 lbs/in

My front bar has never been in a softer position than my rear bar was. In fact my Strano bar has pretty much always been on the stiffest setting. I think I only changed that once and then changed it right back. As for the rear bar, it was in every position but full stiff and right now it isn't even on the car and I'm actively working to remove my stock rear bar through increases in rear spring rate.

Racer47

Doesn't have much to say
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
yeah but aren't you running super high spring rates?

Whiskey11

SCCA Autoscrosser #23 STU
Reaction score
yeah but aren't you running super high spring rates?

Yes but my spring rate splits are drastically different than most lowering springs. For instance, the 200/175lbs/in of the Steeda Sports is alot closer, front to rear, than my 550/275 will ever be. That would mean, given the same settings for everything else (and swaybar) that the Steeda setup would be looser than my setup. Total wheel rate front to rear is like 1:0.30 with where the front bar is set at.

ebrow21

forum member
Reaction score
I have a 12gt. I nearly pulled my hair out while trying to find a combo of parts that didn't require me to bend anything. I drag race (a lot), and couldn't find anyone I felt comfortable with welding my axle tubes.

Anyway, I run the Strano adjustable rear swaybar with CHE reloc brackets, and the CHE axle brace. Its quite close, but it fits.

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
I have a 12gt. I nearly pulled my hair out while trying to find a combo of parts that didn't require me to bend anything. I drag race (a lot), and couldn't find anyone I felt comfortable with welding my axle tubes.

Anyway, I run the Strano adjustable rear swaybar with CHE reloc brackets, and the CHE axle brace. Its quite close, but it fits.

I find this post very relavant! LOL

Thanks man.

BMR Tech

Traction Vendor
Official Vendor
Reaction score
Just sharing. BMR LCA Relos, with BMR Rear Sway Bar. ;)

Our new sway bar will work with ANY LCA Bracket available. May take an additional washer or 3....but it will work.

10380293_805230346166016_935259449563106218_n.jpg

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back