Street Legals at Fontana Dec 4

gmantheman

forum member
Reaction score
Let's try this again. Once again Fontana is having street legal racing. Gates open 6:00 A:M and racing starts at 9:00.

cantdrive55

forum member
Reaction score
I'll be there. Tried to go the last 2 months, but the rain ruined that...

Rain is expected on Sunday, but so far it looks like Saturday is clear.

gmantheman

forum member
Reaction score
I'll be there. Tried to go the last 2 months, but the rain ruined that...

Rain is expected on Sunday, but so far it looks like Saturday is clear.
I am going to meet up with a few other people around 4:30-4:45 at the Park and ride near Nessy/Mobile off the 15/76. You are more than welcome to meet up with us.

cantdrive55

forum member
Reaction score
Sorry I couldn't make it to the Nessy/Mobile in time, gf was sick this morning. Did make it out though, ran a best of 13.396 at 107.74, with an awful 2.310 60'. I need to bring my tire pressure gauge next time and drop the tire pressure. I could not get traction.

gmantheman

forum member
Reaction score
Sorry I couldn't make it to the Nessy/Mobile in time, gf was sick this morning. Did make it out though, ran a best of 13.396 at 107.74, with an awful 2.310 60'. I need to bring my tire pressure gauge next time and drop the tire pressure. I could not get traction.
I would get some drag radials. I would look for a used set of 17x8 rims and put on M/T E.T streets on those.

MatchbookSS

Haters gonna hate
Reaction score

I think I saw you run there. Did that white 5.0 break into 12's either? I think everytime I saw him run, he was running mid to high 13's or something like that. Could have been someone else though.

cantdrive55

forum member
Reaction score
I think I saw you run there. Did that white 5.0 break into 12's either? I think everytime I saw him run, he was running mid to high 13's or something like that. Could have been someone else though.
I didn't see any 5.0 break into 12s. We were all running the stock Pirelli tires, which aren't very good in the cold.

Were you running your Camaro?

MatchbookSS

Haters gonna hate
Reaction score
I didn't see any 5.0 break into 12s. We were all running the stock Pirelli tires, which aren't very good in the cold.

Were you running your Camaro?

Yeah. I think I saw your 13.39 run. I remember seeing a black guy driving the white 5.0 there though. Saw him at the Chevron station down the road after the track was closing.

These Pirellis aren't that great in the cold, for sure. I was running a bit lower at 26-28ish psi and was still having issues trying to hook. I'm hitting up the next drags on the 8th though.

Best I could cut was a 2.34? Maybe it was a 2.38 60'...I can't recall off the top of my head and a 13.8x @ 106. I think DA corrected it was a 13.6 @ 108. Your corrected time should be closer to 13.1 @ 110-111ish I would think. 5.0's have got some good top end for that sort of trap.

I'm hoping I can try a couple things different next time, get two tech cards so I can run more than once every couple hours, and try and get my 60's down to at least 2.1. I'm gonna try and warm my tires up next time a little, or least clean them off and run with T/C completely off. I'll be shooting for 13.3-4's, at around the same trap. Maybe I'll see you there next time. I'd like to check out your car.

cantdrive55

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah. I think I saw your 13.39 run. I remember seeing a black guy driving the white 5.0 there though. Saw him at the Chevron station down the road after the track was closing.

These Pirellis aren't that great in the cold, for sure. I was running a bit lower at 26-28ish psi and was still having issues trying to hook. I'm hitting up the next drags on the 8th though.

Best I could cut was a 2.34? Maybe it was a 2.38 60'...I can't recall off the top of my head and a 13.8x @ 106. I think DA corrected it was a 13.6 @ 108. Your corrected time should be closer to 13.1 @ 110-111ish I would think. 5.0's have got some good top end for that sort of trap.

I'm hoping I can try a couple things different next time, get two tech cards so I can run more than once every couple hours, and try and get my 60's down to at least 2.1. I'm gonna try and warm my tires up next time a little, or least clean them off and run with T/C completely off. I'll be shooting for 13.3-4's, at around the same trap. Maybe I'll see you there next time. I'd like to check out your car.
You can get multiple tech cards? I'm definitely doing that next time...waiting a couple hours for a run sucks. I left after my third run around 2pm.

I tried doing a quick burnout before my runs, didn't seem to help much. Next time I'm going to rev it more to try to clean the tires off. I noticed a LOT of little rocks and crap stuck to the rears while waiting in between runs.

Best 60' I cut was a 2.310, if I could get that down to 2.1xx I should be really close to 12s. I'm definitely going to drop the pressure a few psi to see if that helps at all.

You're more than welcomed to check my car out...nothing exciting, it's completely stock other than the GT500 spoiler.

What color was your Camaro? I saw a few.

MatchbookSS

Haters gonna hate
Reaction score
You can get multiple tech cards? I'm definitely doing that next time...waiting a couple hours for a run sucks. I left after my third run around 2pm.

I tried doing a quick burnout before my runs, didn't seem to help much. Next time I'm going to rev it more to try to clean the tires off. I noticed a LOT of little rocks and crap stuck to the rears while waiting in between runs.

Best 60' I cut was a 2.310, if I could get that down to 2.1xx I should be really close to 12s. I'm definitely going to drop the pressure a few psi to see if that helps at all.

You're more than welcomed to check my car out...nothing exciting, it's completely stock other than the GT500 spoiler.

What color was your Camaro? I saw a few.

Yeah, couple of the guys I was hanging out with bought two tech cards so they could run Groups 1 and 3. I think I'm going to start doing the same thing, whenever I go. I'd be happy with just doing 8 runs over the course of the day. I just don't think hotlapping is going to help that much.

And I noticed the same thing. I had a bunch of crap and debris on my tires between runs, so I think I'll be doing quick burnouts next time. Were you going through the water box or around it?

I think if you get down to 2.1xx 60's you'll definitely be close to hitting 12's, if not hitting them. I was cutting those times in Sport Competitive Mode, so I'm going to try going with all traction control off and see I can grab traction and get out of the hole quicker. Try dropping down to around 20-25psi on those Pirellis. 25psi seemed to work pretty well for Don, who was driving the Orange Camaro. He was cutting 2.0xx's for 4 out of his 8 runs. Never cut anything over a 2.1, either.

Anyways, hit me up on PM for the next drags, if you want. Like I said, I'd just like to see one of the 5.0's up close. Do you have an auto or a manual?

I was in one of the Cyber Grays there. I think the other cat was cutting high 14's and 15's the entire time, and was running with his GF in the car.

cantdrive55

forum member
Reaction score
Yeah, couple of the guys I was hanging out with bought two tech cards so they could run Groups 1 and 3. I think I'm going to start doing the same thing, whenever I go. I'd be happy with just doing 8 runs over the course of the day. I just don't think hotlapping is going to help that much.

And I noticed the same thing. I had a bunch of crap and debris on my tires between runs, so I think I'll be doing quick burnouts next time. Were you going through the water box or around it?

I think if you get down to 2.1xx 60's you'll definitely be close to hitting 12's, if not hitting them. I was cutting those times in Sport Competitive Mode, so I'm going to try going with all traction control off and see I can grab traction and get out of the hole quicker. Try dropping down to around 20-25psi on those Pirellis. 25psi seemed to work pretty well for Don, who was driving the Orange Camaro. He was cutting 2.0xx's for 4 out of his 8 runs. Never cut anything over a 2.1, either.

Anyways, hit me up on PM for the next drags, if you want. Like I said, I'd just like to see one of the 5.0's up close. Do you have an auto or a manual?

I was in one of the Cyber Grays there. I think the other cat was cutting high 14's and 15's the entire time, and was running with his GF in the car.
I tried going around the waterbox, but they sprayed pretty liberally, I'm not sure I cleared the water with the left tire.

I did see the Orange Camaro run a 15.0, also saw the other Cyber Gray run a 15.0.

I've got a manual. I was also launching my car in sport mode, at least for my first and last run. The second run I turned TC off and spun my way to a 2.7 60'. :lol2:

I'd like to check out the Camaro up close too. I also plan on going back on 1/8/11.

MatchbookSS

Haters gonna hate
Reaction score
I tried going around the waterbox, but they sprayed pretty liberally, I'm not sure I cleared the water with the left tire.

I did see the Orange Camaro run a 15.0, also saw the other Cyber Gray run a 15.0.

I've got a manual. I was also launching my car in sport mode, at least for my first and last run. The second run I turned TC off and spun my way to a 2.7 60'. :lol2:

I'd like to check out the Camaro up close too. I also plan on going back on 1/8/11.

Hahaha. Yeah, well, I know that I ran a 15.2 @ 105 for my first run, early in the morning, right after that little drizzle stopped. I ran that run with TC completely off that run, and I think I launched a bit high at 3k. Spun my way to a 3.06 60', and started fishing the back end to the left.

Not sure if I was completely clearing the waterbox either, though I think it was clearing it on the right lane. Regardless, next time I'll be doing burnouts....just not really long ones. I don't need to smoke the tires I think. Just clean them off.

Don was the only guy in the Orange Camaro there, and he didn't hit anything higher than a 13.4...so it must have been someone else. There was a cat in a greenish/blue Camaro on D/Rs and he was cutting the same times I was with better 60's. Must have been the driver.

Anyways, I'm totally game to meet up the next time you want.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back