Sun aged body cladding

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
i've used trim shine on my window trim and it doesn't seem to last long. it is alcohol based i believe. Back to Black works pretty good.

Mother's Back to Black is fucking junk. It makes the trim look good for about half a week, or until it gets wet. Then it looks like shit again.

I'm also interested in a solution that doesn't require me to spend about 2 hours every weekend to keep the trim looking good. I also wouldn't mind spray painting something on the trim.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
Mother's Back to Black is fucking junk. It makes the trim look good for about half a week, or until it gets wet. Then it looks like shit again.

I'm also interested in a solution that doesn't require me to spend about 2 hours every weekend to keep the trim looking good. I also wouldn't mind spray painting something on the trim.

This is essentially a nano coating but for plastic trim

http://www.detailedimage.com/22ple-M57/VR1-Plastic-and-Trim-Restorer-P682/20-ml-S1/

Lasts a good bit of time, roughly 1 year.

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
I've got a couple whitish scrapes on my black side skirts due to nomming cones at autocrosses. You think that stuff will help with the scrapes, or should I paint them with something first?

This stuff has restored some pretty nasty trim. I mean it will definitely restore the color, but the damage obviously it won't.

ebrow21

forum member
Reaction score
I use Carpro PERL on both my 12 gt and 13 f150. Non greasy, relatively long lasting, and you have the ability to cut it with water for other applications (such as tires, interior plastics, etc.) A liter lasts a LONG time.

Bill220

forum member
Reaction score
My car spends most of its life in the garage but Ultima works pretty well and lasts on my tires. After every wash I go over the entire car with Chemical Guys V7, plastic included and it keeps the plastic looking nice. Not sure if that would work for your situation, though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scott_0

forum member
Reaction score
Why people comment with negativity yet have no input is beyond me.
I never understood this either, its like some members just have to pile on, it takes one person to let you know about what you did, not several.........

It's called policing the forum. That's how we operate. So accept it or GTFO
he admitted he made a mistake, why pile on?

Then why the fuck are you bitching about it... Fucking dumbass
wow! why the hostility over something so minor?

On the 10-12's we have black plastic cladding along the bottom that looks like ass over time. I tried the back to black product but it doesn't last long and its looks like ass again. Has anyone painted their's?
that was my fear when these cars came out with all that plastic molding, it simply does not age well :tdown: Im gonna try the Lucas and/or the VR1 plastic restorer stuff mentioned

Sky Render

Stig's Retarded Cousin
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Is there some kind of paint I can put on those stupid side skirts to protect them? I was actually thinking spray-on bed liner, but that might look like total shit.

etc1006

forum member
Reaction score
I've noticed my rear valance has started to show some swirling/weathering as it sits back to the sun when in the driveway. Been wondering what to try, myself. I cant stand shiny/greasy products, especially on tires... Thanks for the suggestions!

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
I've noticed my rear valance has started to show some swirling/weathering as it sits back to the sun when in the driveway. Been wondering what to try, myself. I cant stand shiny/greasy products, especially on tires... Thanks for the suggestions!

plenty of good suggestions in this thread.

Wnt2gofst

Banned
Reaction score
I use Cover All. Works great. Keeps it black looks great.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

Wnt2gofst

Banned
Reaction score
I was waiting to see how long it would take to pop up...lol. I would think it would not last long though.

Its pretty durable. People are doing whole cars with it lasting for years with minor touch up

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk 2

ChrisGT

Nice Shirt Bilkins
Reaction score
I don't know how similar the material is but I painted the plastic pieces on my explorer several years ago with krylon fusion and they are still holding up, front bumper needs a little touch up but it's not faded anymore.

Yes! Krylon Fusion is the best.. my buddy painted the bumpers on his 4runner and they looked great, so I painted my factory grille with it. It has held up perfectly over the past year and looks so much better. It basically looks like freshly dressed trim, but it doesn't come off. Plus you can get it locally.

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
While I don't have a 10'+, I used Ultima Tire & Trim Guard Plus on the plastics on my car a few weeks back. It looks brand new even after ignoring them for 4+ years. Used it on the mirrors, cowl, and trim along the roof. It was something Seer recommended. Also repels water really good.

Thanks for the tip.

Post should be in Keeping It Clean.

ford20

forum member
Reaction score
^^ That is what I would do to be honest, grab some spray paint and paint them or have a body shop paint them for you.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back