Supercharger Questions

redstangs9308gt

forum member
Reaction score
Alright some back ground here. My wife has a 08 v6 warriors in pink stang all stock even exhaust..She loves my e-force (roots style) charger because of the instant boost. With that said she wants one now on her v6. Where can I buy a complete tuner kit similar to the brenspeed packages for a roots style supercharger? I guess I will need boost a pump or something to keep up with the larger injectors. Give me info please

redstangs9308gt

forum member
Reaction score
Yes I know brenspeed doesn't carry a v6 kit. I was using a brenspeed tuner kit for an example of what I was looking for. Thanks for the links and and info. Time to do some homework. I wonder if a v6 needs a boost a pump?

JimC

Reaction score
I have the Xcharger on my 2006 Pony convertible and couldn't be happier with it. Great product and of course the roots style whine when you get on it! Very easy installation too.

And, running on a very safe tune with a lot left on the table for power and torque, it has taken me to 13.42 at the track so far. With the intercooler next year and dyno tune should get me lower than that (need to start looking for a removable 4 point roll bar because NHRA says any convertible quicker than 13.49 has to have roll bar)

Last edited:

popeye

forum member
Reaction score
Alright some back ground here. My wife has a 08 v6 warriors in pink stang all stock even exhaust..She loves my e-force (roots style) charger because of the instant boost. With that said she wants one now on her v6. Where can I buy a complete tuner kit similar to the brenspeed packages for a roots style supercharger? I guess I will need boost a pump or something to keep up with the larger injectors. Give me info please

Boost a pump is not needed with these kits. The V6 pump is the same as the Gt pump and there is plenty of fuel for any X charger setup.

TexasBlownV8

Formerly TexasBlownV6
Reaction score
The V6 pump is the same as the Gt pump and there is plenty of fuel for any X charger setup.

For an xcharger, yes. But once you get over 300-325 hp, the stock fuel pump's duty cycle gets near 100%. A BAP or simple wiring upgrade gives you more room to keep using the stock pump.
I ran the V6 pump with my Vortech setup for over 2 years with no issues,
but I did upgrade the wiring to help reduce voltage loss over the wiring and thus improve duty cycle range.
:beer:

j-stang

forum member
Reaction score
For an xcharger, yes. But once you get over 300-325 hp, the stock fuel pump's duty cycle gets near 100%. A BAP or simple wiring upgrade gives you more room to keep using the stock pump.
I ran the V6 pump with my Vortech setup for over 2 years with no issues,
but I did upgrade the wiring to help reduce voltage loss over the wiring and thus improve duty cycle range.
:beer:
maybe that was something screwy with yours?

i ran 12psi on my vortech'd v6 i put down 354rwhp and my duty cycle was in the 80's most of the time. in one log i had it hit 91% but that was only once. but as you said. the X will not produce numbers big enough to need fuel upgrades besides the 39# injectors that come with the kits.

cubican

Reaction score
Explorer express is the way to go, I have #11 and I havent had any problems with it. The custumer service is second to none, Dave will take good care of you.
pedrosjunkstuff072.jpg

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back