Suprise from Tigerhonaker

Bulldog1964

Bobby
Reaction score
Hello All! I have not Posted on S197 much but do watch the treads!

I purchased my Bullitt Mustang back in 2009. At the time my youngest Son joined the Marine Corps and left home. The next day I bought my Mustang
icon_lol.gif
thinking man I am not waiting until I am retired to do what I have wanted to do all of my life....Well when I bought it I had NO idea what Bullitt was about...It was just the BEST looking Mustang I could find at Carmax!
icon_lol.gif
So home with a Green Mustang I went...Got home and started researching "Bullitt". Well that is where I found IMBOC and man wasn't this the coolest thing...I knew who Steve McQueen was but really not a movie buff so this site was FULL of information and guys and gals with TONS of knowledge about the car...

A couple of guys that lived in the Middle Tennessee area wanted to get together for Breakfast and just check out each others cars, So off to cracker barrel we went...I met several guys that day...One of them was Terry Honaker (Tigerhonaker) and we kind of hit it off...His car was Supercharged (The Supercharger had just recently been installed) and I thought WOW that car will FLY...I was not a gear head all of my life just a guy who loved cool cars so getting a Supercharger or Modifications was kind of out of my league! This started a friendship which is what I wanted to find! Someone who had the same interest as me...Well Terry was getting a LOT of Modifications on his car and all I could think was WOW this is very cool.

Terry introduced me with Brenspeed ( I rode along for one of his installs and met the guys at the shop) WOW getting modifications is much easier than I thought! AND so it began!!!
icon_lol.gif

I started with cams and axle backs and such...I did know enough to change oil and maintain the car but Mods were over my head....I always thought the guys with the Bad *ss cars were "Real" Gear heads and I couldn't ever do something like that because of computers and such....

After changing most of the performance parts (Except a Supercharger) I was extremely happy with the power my car was putting out and My wife and I were simply using the car as a method to meet new people and enjoy life attending car shows and cruise in's and such....Most of the time I would call my buddy Terry and he and his wife Cathy would also go with us to these events....Man life was good...Then the economy went crazy...I was in the Banking industry and really didn't fit in with that crowd but it was what I had done ALL my life to make a living and support my family...My kids were now grown and gone and My Bride and I (She is a Nurse) were doing OK but really I wasn't enjoying the 10 hours or so of each day I had to place the Suit and Tie (Monkey Suit I called it) on and go to work...Well I have always wanted to drive a Big Rig and thought man if I keep this up the stress is going to kill me before I am 60...So I quit my job (Remember my Bride is a Nurse so I had the ability to make this change) and began an adventure driving a Big Rig...

As it turns out I get a Local job and have the ability for folks to ride with me during my work day( Very Cool) and enjoy my life....Money was less but I didn't care as long as my wife and family were good...Heck I was good...

Well Terry (Tiger) is retired and really enjoyed hanging with me in the big rig...We had been buddy's for years now so he really was like a Brother to me....You know the kind you keep his number at the top of your phone incase some officer of the law decided you needed to be incarcerated and you only get ONE call...That kind of guy!!!

In Sept 2013 Terry's car was going BACK to Brenspeed....AGAIN....Good Greif....AGAIN....
icon_lol.gif
More Mods....Well I knew Terry's car was going to be gone for a while and Cathy (Terry's wife)had her car and was still working for a living so thinking about it...How is Terry going to get to Public's if Cathy needed her car (Her Dad was elderly and needed her as well) so I thought heck I am working ALL the time and my Mustang is just sitting in my Garage so hey just take my car....It can sit in your garage as easy as mine....This was Sept 2013....6 months later Terry is now going to get his car back....And So am I...
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif

Brenspeed had set up a Dyno Pull and were going to Video tape this event (That is what I thought) and so I took a day or two off to go with Terry for this event...He had been asking me all kinds of questions about Superchargers, Gauges and such which with Terry is not Unusual so I just answered them (Unknowingly)...

This past Sunday we headed for Brenspeed...Terry had Cathy bring him to my house (Hour north of him) so we could head for Brenspeed. I did find that a little odd but hey it's Terry and you NEVER know with him whats up so OK...Lets go...

On the trip Terry is texting folks but not saying much about the texting so on we go! We arrive about 5PM and Brent White (Owner of Brenspeed), George and his wife (Manager at Brenspeed) Doug and his daugher (IT Gooorooo at Brenspeed), Kent Nine and his wife (Engine Builder and Brenspeed Drag racer) were all there for the unveiling of the TIGERMACHINE...Again nothing unusual at all...Brent said to me..Man look Terry isn't even looking over at (The Bullitt) (Pay attention to the working of that) and he is just socializing....
icon_lol.gif
again not odd for Tiger....

Well the time has arrived....Terry said the last thing as we were getting out of the car...You have to be the first to drive the "Bullitt"....Wording again....Man ME drive YOUR HIGH HORSE POWER RIDE AHHHHHHHH...Man that is WAY TO MUCH POWER FOR ME....AHHHHH...

Well the video tape starts....They start taking to Brenspeed Cover off and I am looking for the Tigermachine....Well the first thing I see is the gas cap cover and it is MINE...WHAT...WHAT IS THIS....Why is my car on the dyno...Where the heck is the Tigermachine...What is going on....I am confused!!!! Really Confused....

Then I see Gauges in my car...What Gauges...I dont have gauges....Well I was going to buy Terry's old brakes and tires but WHY in the heck would you dyno it for tires....And again...My car is STILL IN Terrys garage...No it aint here it is and man I am Confused
new-confused.gif
new-confused.gif
new-confused.gif
new-confused.gif

Well then I raise the hood and WOW...My car has a SuperCharger on it....WOW....

Terry has taken my car and had a new set of Tires, Brakes and Lines and a SUPERCHARGER put on my car....Everyone there was in the know EXCEPT ME....WOW this is amazing....I get a birthday card (I turn 50 this year) and it is from Terry....Happy Birthday....MY GOD REALLY...You have had this HIGH DOLLAR Modifications done to me car...My Goodness Terry you are AMAZING....With Terry you never know....What a Super Friend that would spend that kind of Money (I know Terry is NOT a Millionaire) and Brent White and the entire Brenspeed team would get this done and me with NONE of the Knowledge!!! This is WAY over the top....So now my Bullitt Mustang is a 525 RWHP beast....WOW...Now I can park with Terry and Ron Ream at the events we attend....Oh then I find out Ron Ream knew about this the entire time too!!! He and Terry were colluding
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif
icon_lol.gif

What an amazing adventure this thing called LIFE is....You just never know what will happen next!!!

Just wanted to TRY to tell the entire story...I sure hope I got it all in there...
icon_lol.gif

Thank You Terry Honaker (Tiger)

Not much else I can say....What A friend....Well Brother you are!!!!!

Here are the pictures:

New Tires for Betty Boop (Name my wife gave the car since she is my "Other Woman")

New air pressure sensors ( I haven't had these for 2 years now)
icon_lol.gif

Terry with my car at the Brenspeed GuestHouse

George Dockery holding the Paxton Supercharger during the install

Parts all on the floor ( Can see my Ford Racing Top on the floor)

You can see the Gauges in this picture

New front and rear brakes, pads and rotors (Came from the Tigermachine)(Another thread)
icon_lol.gif

Terry with my car! His is next to it I know but again that is ANOTHER thread and he already has posted the hood pictures
Decided I better cut this one as Terry's car was in the picture and I just AINT going to ruin any of Terry's Build!!!

My car with the Paxton Supercharger installed!!!

Brent White (Brenspeed Owner) on the Dyno

Me with my new Paxton Supercharger

Dyno chart (Red is now Blue was before the Paxton Install)

Doug (IT GoooRuuu) at Brenspeed has a video of this entire confusing adventure which I am sure a YouTube link will be provided at some point! Man what an adventure this was!

Terry I am sure I left something out just WAY to much to take in all at once! Bless You my Friend!!!

I know this is long and I hope makes some sense as I am not a great poster like Terry and Ron Ream!!!

I sure do have a BIG Smile on my face now! I will post the Dyno next!!!

Bobby
Bulldog1964

bullitt boy

Reaction score
Lucky guy for sure , be careful with your new found power. Set up looks sweet.

RED09GT

Equal Opportunity Offender
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Wow, that's pretty awesome!
Just be careful if the car has the stock short block and that much power.
Congrats!

awesome autocorrect malfunctions brought to you by tapatalk

Mr. Q

forum member
Reaction score
awesome man!!!

also, i think that bullitts had forged internals.
edit: i'm most likely an idiot, maybe they don't have forged internals lol

Last edited:

nitrobob

forum member
Reaction score
Your car made 526 RWHP on a non-intercooled paxton on a stock block/catted exhaust. That is the highest I have ever heard...Congrats

Jason09GT

forum member
Reaction score
That's awesome. I need some better friends lol. By the way..I REALLY like your choice in rim. What are they?

tigerhonaker

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Great story and thanks for sharing.

Terry, my hat is off too you...
Brian ...

Thanks and honestly it was just something I could do for a buddy.
It did not change my living standards at all so I was glad I could do it.

The ones that deserve the thanks IMHO are the Brenspeed Crew & Brent White for getting this completed.

They are always Super Busy so getting this done was only possible with Brent working in with all the rest of his scheduled Mustangs.

Terry

Bulldog1964

Bobby
Reaction score
Lucky guy for sure , be careful with your new found power. Set up looks sweet.
Thanks Rick! I will be careful no doubt on this end!

Man that's awesome and that's a great friend. Car looks good as well!!
Thank You!!!

Wow, that's pretty awesome!
Just be careful if the car has the stock short block and that much power.
Congrats!

awesome autocorrect malfunctions brought to you by tapatalk
Thank You and I will for sure!

awesome man!!!

also, i think that bullitts had forged internals.
edit: i'm most likely an idiot, maybe they don't have forged internals lol
Thank You! No forged internals unless you go Tiger's route!
Enjoy your,

I will absolutely enjoy it NO Question about that! The plaque above is what Terry had on the front windshield when they uncovered the car!
You my friend are Amazing! Nothing was left out...I had NO idea this was happening at all...NONE!!!

Your car made 526 RWHP on a non-intercooled paxton on a stock block/catted exhaust. That is the highest I have ever heard...Congrats
Thanks! I know the seat of the pants dyno was AWESOME!!!!

That's awesome. I need some better friends lol. By the way..I REALLY like your choice in rim. What are they?
Thank You! They are Forged Tech-Mc2 wheels...This company made a lot of the Custom Harley Davidson Wheels!

Great story and thanks for sharing.

Terry, my hat is off too you...

Thank You and Yes My Hat is off to Tiger Too!!!

Brian ...

Thanks and honestly it was just something I could do for a buddy.
It did not change my living standards at all so I was glad I could do it.

The ones that deserve the thanks IMHO are the Brenspeed Crew & Brent White for getting this completed.

They are always Super Busy so getting this done was only possible with Brent working in with all the rest of his scheduled Mustangs.

Terry

Agreed Terry! Brent and the entire Brenspeed team are Top Notch Period!!! I wouldn't even think to have anyone else as deep as the pictures above show!

Very cool Terry, and congrats OP

Thank You!!!

Great story! Congrats, and enjoy!

Thank You and Yes I will no Doubt!!!

Bulldog1964

Bobby
Reaction score
Terry, you restore my faith in humanity! Nice!
Thanks and That same statement was posted over on IMBOC...That is the kind of guy Terry is...That says it all! People that can think about others and also ACT...Terry does BOTH and my car proves it!!!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back