SVE Drift's

Jarrod@latemodelresto

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Look at tire availability. See what's out there and cost effective for wheel and tire packages.

18x9 and 18x10 would be awesome. b/c not many folks would want such a wide front rim. Some do, but not all. 18x9 would be perfect.

Look at Ford though, 19's appear to be the direction that Ford is going, as well as the aftermarket. They offer the looks of the 20's without the fan-belt sidewall (even though some people dont want the look of the 20, i understand that as well). Tires are becoming more and more affordable and plentiful for 19's. 18's are a downgrade from the factory option 19's.

Like i said before though, i completely understand where everyone is coming from TIRE wise. That seems to be the only and biggest compliant with a 19" wheel.

Drex

forum member
Reaction score
Why are 19" tires so much more expensive?

I am in the market for new wheels and I want black! 275/35's will look good on my car with the Eibachs.

Edit: I didn't mean to bring my mother and food into my post.

---
- Tapatalk makes me look incoherent

Last edited:

Bullitt3478

forum member
Reaction score
If you could bring a staggered 18 set to the table with tires under 1500 bucks I would imagine you could sell a lot of them.I like the look of 19's better myself but tire options and prices are the deciding factor, I think ,when looking between the two.Like you have said 19's will start to come down once more tires become available ,but for now they are high....LOL

mikeysgt

forum member
Reaction score
Will the pricing ($169.99) be the same for each rim in 18" as well or a little less? If you came out with a staggered set of 18's I could keep my tires I just bought a month ago and use them for these rims.

Drex

forum member
Reaction score
In general or are you talking about the drifts?

In general. Is it because of availability? My car has factory 19s and I have been shopping around a little looking for wheels and tires and noticed 19s are always a little more.

I want a black wheel and wider tires, but don't want to sacrifice streetability.

---

Bullitt3478

forum member
Reaction score
In general. Is it because of availability? My car has factory 19s and I have been shopping around a little looking for wheels and tires and noticed 19s are always a little more.

I want a black wheel and wider tires, but don't want to sacrifice streetability.

---

Supply and demand at work. Not as many factory 19's out there so less aftermarket 19" tires are available.Its changing though as they become more wide spread it seems.

Seer

forum member
Reaction score
I'd pay you tomorrow for 18x9.5/10 with a 40+ offset if they could be made within a reasonable time frame.

Who am I kidding. I am definitely buying the 19x19.5s

Last edited:

RetroGT2006

06 S197 Member
Reaction score
Those are sick... If i didn't already have 18x9.5in steeda pentars all around i would b in for these..

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back