Swaping TR6060 complete tranny from an 11 GT500 into my 08 gt what need to be done

whippledpony

forum member
Reaction score
i know the tranny cross member, clutch, shifter all need to be replaced to get tranny to go in, i already have an 8 bolt crank, i guess my main question if i am gettting everything strt from that gt500 would it jst be a direct swap in

and would a ford racing short throw shifter from an 07-09 GT500 work with the 2011 GT500 transmission in my 08 GT

blownGTvert

forum member
Reaction score
Add a GT500 lenght driveshaft. The FRPP shifter from the the earlier GT500 will work. I have one on my TR6060 and its a nice shifter. The TR6060 is a direct swap / bolt in for your 08.

JoshK

Modder AKA Fuel
Reaction score
I had to buy a plug and wire it up for the reverse lockout on my 6060 swap. Some haven't had any trouble not having it wired up, but with my liberty 6060 and pro 5.0 shifter it was impossible to get into reverse without the lockout wired up

blownGTvert

forum member
Reaction score
You just need the extention with connector to connect the reverse lockout solenoid to the clutch pedal. Anytime you press the clutch pedal it will activate the solenoid. I initially hooked it up when I did my conversion. I've sinse removed it as its really not necessary. The reverse lockout connector can be found on EBay very inexpensive.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back