Tallest Tire for our Car?

2k05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
A friend is giving me a set of drag tires and rims, but I was wondering if they will fit. He says they are: 15X10 Superlight Aluminum Rims with M/T Drag Tires Size 29.5/9.0 Overall Diameter: 29.3"

My car is not lowered so do you think these will fit?
I do not have the specs on the rim yet, all I know is that they are 15x10 5x4 1/2 Bolt Pattern

DONTLIKEYOU

forum member
Reaction score
I have 275/60/15 (28.7ish)and have never had them rub but for a that tire to fit you need around a 7inch backspacing and dont forget to relocate your sway bar so you dont ruin some realy nice wheels

GT4Dino

Whimple Whomper
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
How to relocate the sway bar ? what do you need
You can easily fab up some relocation brackets if you have the means, otherwise, BMR sells some relatively cheap.

cekim

Large Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
What is your objective in going to such a tall tire?

It lowers your effective rear gear ratio and hits your rear/trans harder...

beyond 28" with a car of this weight and these factors really get problematic...

Yup on the sway relocate - they are little metal plates that allow you to move the sway mount points up. You will need to "trim" the mounts (on the axle housing) where the sway once was to fit inside the rim.

2k05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Do These look about right,

CHE13A.jpg

2k05gt

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
What is your objective in going to such a tall tire?

It lowers your effective rear gear ratio and hits your rear/trans harder...

beyond 28" with a car of this weight and these factors really get problematic...

Yup on the sway relocate - they are little metal plates that allow you to move the sway mount points up. You will need to "trim" the mounts (on the axle housing) where the sway once was to fit inside the rim.

BECAUSE THEY ARE CHEAP !!!!
Right now I have the BFG 275 40 17 on my stock rims and they are worn badly

I am running 4.10's with an auto, and I plan on getting a stall later when I can afford it.

1Fast05Turbo

Flying Low
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
I'm running MH 325/45/17. the car is lowered with eibach-pro springs. No rubbing problems even with passengers in the rear seat.
IMG_1608.jpg

cekim

Large Member
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Do These look about right,
Yup - those are they...

They bolt on in place of the existing sway bar mount and move them up a couple of inches. Then you shave the bottom of the bracket that is there until you have clearance...

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back