The Killer's return to the track...

06vistabluegt

forum member
Reaction score
Gears will be put in on Monday along with the air shifter. BTW heres a pic of the Killer in the new RET shop.

shop-2.jpg

I've never noticed how much bigger the s197 is compared to a new edge.

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Damn, CK spent enough money with them that they could get a new shop? lol

Actually, I've spent less (far less) with RET than any other shop I've worked with. I've given JPC more money building my engine than RET charged for building the turbo system and entire car...:naughty1:

Ok now that's funny.

What's really funny is the fact that while doing my builds, Adam was able to move ST into a brand new, much bigger shop, and JPC moved into a much bigger/nicer shop while building my motor...:chairfall:

Last edited by a moderator:

Ken3030

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Actually, I've spent less (far less) with RET than any other shop I've worked with. I've given JPC more money building my engine than RET charged for building the turbo system and entire car...:naughty1:

What's really funny is the fact that while doing my builds, Adam was able to move ST into a brand new, much bigger shop, and JPC moved into a much bigger/nicer shop while building my motor...:chairfall:
Well now that sucks right there!!

phatphil

forum member
Reaction score
Damn, is there a search function on here for big words over 10 letters and how to use them in the proper context?:hittheglass:

tommygodfrey

JPC Sales & Tech
Reaction score
JPC and RGR did an outstanding job on this motor and its' as close to bulletproof as you can get as I hit the limiter every time I drive it and it takes the abuse like a champ.

Thanks Mark but hopefully that is fixed, you can ask Justin about constant rev limiter hitting because of his stock ecm = :dead2:

tommygodfrey

JPC Sales & Tech
Reaction score

LOL. We wish there was that kind of profit in this business. LOL.

Don't change the gears !! I would be looking into the trans. We've had issue with our Turbo car where it ate one up on the dyno and then 1st pass down the track.

ChevyKiller

Preferred Internet Drink
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
LOL. We wish there was that kind of profit in this business. LOL.

Don't change the gears !! I would be looking into the trans. We've had issue with our Turbo car where it ate one up on the dyno and then 1st pass down the track.

nah - based on the first gear ratio in my trans - 3.31's are the right gear to be in there...:yo:

tommygodfrey

JPC Sales & Tech
Reaction score
nah - based on the first gear ratio in my trans - 3.31's are the right gear to be in there...:yo:

Not if you want to go the quickest et. Your still moving a tank. The 3.73's in the silver car we did are perfect. You just need to get use to the car moving out that fast. Think about it, you have basically the exact same set up as that car and JB had no issues at all. 1.30 60ft's leaving light w/ 5psi and had no issues with the rev limiter. I would look into the trans.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back