Throttle body motor clicking

08Bullitt_0067

forum member
Reaction score
Car: 2008 GT

Problem:
When i turn the key to run (not to start), the car starts to power up. The odometer shows the current mileage for a second and then it switches to "------". All of the instrument warning lights come on. I also hear a clicking from under the hood. I plug in my sct and it cannot read any info from the car. The car won't turn over. I find the clicking noise is coming from the throttle body motor. I unplug it, and instantly the car finishes powering up and will now turn over. The SCT also can now read the the vehicle info.

The background:
I had just finished installing a raptor shift light and slp line lock. I opted to use an illuminated toggle switch with the line lock, so I used the same 12v switched source as the one used for the shift light. With the dash apart, I had everything plugged in, got the car running and tested line lock and the shift light. everything was working properly. I unplugged the toggle for the like lock to do my final wire routing and plugged it back in with what i think the ground and the feed to the line lock solenoid crossed on the toggle switch. I powered up the car to test it again and thats when the symptoms above came about. Even after removing all connections to the line lock and shift light, the same problem occurs.

Could crossing those wired have caused the issues with the throttle body motor, or possibly more issues? Should I try swapping out that throttle body motor? Any other suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

Back