lito

forum member
Reaction score
Last edited:

retfr8flyr

The Old One
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
First engine was the stock one, replaced at 5000 miles with a built MMR shortblock, need I say more. The MMR shortblock was so poorly built it created enough crankcase pressure to blow the front seal every time I got into boost. Replaced it with an engine built by Lloyd at Springfield Custom Machine. This engine lasted until I had a cam phaser come apart and blow a chunk out of the passenger side cam cover, with a resulting fire and valve to piston contact on that side. So I am now on engine number 4, also built by Lloyd.

50tbrd88

forum member
Reaction score
19000 mi on my '07. Drove it regularly the 1st couple years. Then got married, had kids, got a 6 day a week job, etc. Just don't have time to drive it any more and at 6' 4" its damn near impossible to get kids car seats in the back and still drive the car comfortably. I usually take it on Power Tour every other year or so to put some miles on it.

I refuse to sell it because for years I told myself (when I was poor,in college, etc) that someday I'd have a Mustang GT. I figure when the kids get older maybe it will be easier to take them along in the car.

a-train

Reaction score
about 9800 on my 2006 GT Delux with a few small time mods.

* just checked - 9,698.5

Last edited:

Sprayin Blue 3V

forum member
Reaction score
65k on my 08. Have put less than 1k on it this year.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

avinaj80

S197 Team Member
Reaction score
162K on my 05. Daily driven. Original engine, 2nd 3650. Last 20k or so has been cammed. Oh yeah, and stock rear brakes (engine braking ftw!). :thumb2:

skwerl

tree hugger
Reaction score
19000 mi on my '07. Drove it regularly the 1st couple years. Then got married, had kids, got a 6 day a week job, etc. Just don't have time to drive it any more and at 6' 4" its damn near impossible to get kids car seats in the back and still drive the car comfortably. I usually take it on Power Tour every other year or so to put some miles on it.

I refuse to sell it because for years I told myself (when I was poor,in college, etc) that someday I'd have a Mustang GT. I figure when the kids get older maybe it will be easier to take them along in the car.

Absolutely hang on to it. Alloy is possibly the best color on any S197 (except DHG) and the body lines are classic.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back