Took Delivery of our 15 EcoBoost Mustang today!

Livernois Motorsports

Livernois Motorsports
Official Vendor
Reaction score
As we did with the S197 first came out, we are working on tackling many "Firsts" with our new S550 mustang, and with an EcoBoost model at that!

Recently we have been putting much of our experience towards upsizing the power from some downsized powerplants. So it was a no-brainer that the new 2015 Mustang equipped with the 2.3L EcoBoost is next on our list. We just took delivery of our development car today and have already hit the dyno with it. Of course, coming up, will be our world renowned EcoBoost tuning. We can't wait to see what we can untap from this engine!

Check out the video below of our baseline run we did, and let us know what's on your wish-list for this new engine!

Last edited:

rdsx18

forum member
Reaction score
We support that goal :) We think this has some great potential and can't wait for the results from tuning alone, and then the real fun can begin!

I'm curious to see the results, I have a SHO so I know what you can do for those with just a tune.

FR500GT

forum member
Reaction score
I'd be happy with a reliable 400rwhp from an Ecoboost :beerdrink: Also, I have never been a fan of automatics but the paddle option would be something to consider if a tuner can make the shifts quicker and more responsive (if that's even possible).

Last edited:

TGR96

el blanco nino
Reaction score
I'd be happy with a reliable 400rwhp from an Ecoboost :beerdrink: Also, I have never been a fan of automatics but the paddle option would be something to consider if a tuner can make the shifts quicker and more responsible (if that's even possible).

+1!

I think watching too much Top Gear has made me curious about a flappy paddle gearbox.

blacks197

Reaction score
If the paddle shift is anything like in my SHO. It's pretty useless. It shifts faster in auto then it does using the paddles. Too much lag in the paddle in my opinion

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cbass

m̶o̶u̶t̶h̶s̶e̶x̶
Reaction score
I'd be happy with a reliable 400rwhp from an Ecoboost :beerdrink: Also, I have never been a fan of automatics but the paddle option would be something to consider if a tuner can make the shifts quicker and more responsible (if that's even possible).
Responsive.

A responsible shift would be one that takes all factors into account before it commits.

lindertw

forum member
Reaction score
I test drove a black on black 2015 ecoboost auto today in Fort Lauderdale - loved it. Interested to see what the aftermarket can squeeze out of these 4cyl's :)

Rasmus

forum member
Reaction score
Responsive.

A responsible shift would be one that takes all factors into account before it commits.

That would explain the sluggishness of some flappy paddle boxes.

popeye

forum member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure making power out if the package will not be the issue, getting it to sound decent might be the biggest hurdle. 4 cyl or not it has people's attention.

Livernois Motorsports

Livernois Motorsports
Official Vendor
Reaction score
World renowned for the wrong reasons. The F150 EB guys despise Liver-noise.

This couldn't be further from the truth, so I am not sure where you are getting this from. We sell on average 10 tuners every day for the F150's, not counting what we sell for the Taurus, Explorer, Fusion, Focus, Fiesta, Escape, Flex, MKS, MKT, MKT, and now the 15 Mustang. My guess is you are thinking of someone else.

Livernois Motorsports

Livernois Motorsports
Official Vendor
Reaction score
We just wanted to share an update with you all. Tuning is well underway, and we have some results to share with you. Keep in mind, we are still working on getting it perfect, but the gains we have seen so far have been impressive to say the least.

Stock, as you see reported here, was an impressive, but not earth shattering 233hp/261tq. Considering the car was brand new, and an auto, definitely respectable.

Fast forward to today, and we have achieved 322hp/328tq!

Thats a peak vs. peak gain of 89hp, and 67tq!

While that is impressive, the real story here are the actual peak gains which were 122hp/111tq, and as you can see the power band is extended out much further, extending the usable range and eliminating the "out of steam" feeling the car had at high RPM when stock.

Just think, we aren't even done yet, so keep an eye out for our finished product!

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Stock 3V owners beware! Stock 5.0 drivers better be on their toes!

tjm73

of Omicron Persei 8
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Was just gonna say more hp and torque than the 3V. DAMN!!!

What boost level was this at?

weather man

Persistance Is A Bitch
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
gmitch, you should throw the source threads for those quotes up also. No context as it stands.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back