TPS 14" 4 Piston Brembo GT500 Big Brake System-FREE SHIPPING!!

69Mach1-409

Reaction score
On my lunch today: Went to my buddies with the lift and sanded the dimples & slots on the Fronts (only ones left on the car). Redid the bedding procedure again on my way home and then let sit for 20-30 minutes while I ate lunch and took a quick shower. The ticking is still there.

tpsmak

forum member
Reaction score
On my lunch today: Went to my buddies with the lift and sanded the dimples & slots on the Fronts (only ones left on the car). Redid the bedding procedure again on my way home and then let sit for 20-30 minutes while I ate lunch and took a quick shower. The ticking is still there.

Can you take a look at your rotors and see if they have directional cooling vanes. Normally our Mustang rotors do not have directional cooling vanes BUT if my supplier upgraded them for me then they would have to be installed correctly or they WILL make a hissing sound.

Either way.. we're here to take care of any issues customers may have with our products. :thumb2:

take a look at this picture and you will understand the correct way to install them.

rotor_types_450.jpg

tpsmak

forum member
Reaction score
Alright... so I called up several customers who have had the EXACT setups as Kyle and Jason and they all experienced some noise in the beginning but after the brakes were fully broken around 5-600 miles they were very quite.

Hub2011

Reaction score
Gents,

Mike tried calling me today but I was away from my phone. I assume it was to get my feedback on this.

When I installed everything, I sorta heard a "whirr-whirr-whirr-whirr" when coasting at slower speeds with the windows down. It felt it was fairly subtle... but I had a lot of road noise at the time from my KDW2s so it wasn't obnoxiously loud or obvious. But I could hear it--especially passenger side when I listed while a buddy drove.

Once the rotors were broken in to the point that the fire path shined, I haven't noticed the sound. I just assumed it was the sound of air whirring in/out of the slots... but I can see it being something else, especially as it seemed to improve with continued break-in. Maybe give yours a bit more of a workout over a week or two (and miles, particularly,) and see what you get? From your pics, I know you just roughed 'em up today at lunch, but... they could stand to get a bit more broken in, methinks. (Caveat: I'm hardly a brake expert--this is my first performance brake upgrade effort.)

Now the only sound from my brakes are the ringing/chiping from the Hawk pads when they heat up and I'm coming to a stop. But I assume that's the nature of the pad compound. No big deal.

My $.02.

69Mach1-409

Reaction score
This is a loud steady ticking that has not changed sense day one, like a card in the spokes of a bicycle. I had the whir-whir-whir too, but that was expected with the coating on these brakes and has sense dissipated.

Mikes been very helpful and I'm in a holding pattern at the moment. Going to the shore this weekend, so between the traffic and distance I should give them a decent workout. We'll see if that helps!

jayman33

Official Vendor
Reaction score
I had the same thing coming from the rear of my car, the brake pad broke in half.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

BearzGT

Bears Fan
Reaction score
Hey 69Mach:

I received the package from TPS today with the calipers, brake lines, pads and fluid. I noticed that both of the brake line packages are marked with "MUST-1500" for a part number. Along with the part number it looks like someone has hand written "FRT" on the parts label. Do you know if both lines kits are the same or is there a front and rear kit? Thanks in advance. I have an email into Mike asking the same thing.

BearzGT

Bears Fan
Reaction score
Looks like I ended up with two front stainless steel lines kits. No rear kit at all. I have exchanged emails and spoken to Mike Mak several times today. He assured me the rear lines kit was going out USPS Priority Mail today. Have yet to see any of my rotors. They were shipped via USPS and it's impossible to track the shipment. Today, Mike told me they were shipped out last Friday (7/13/2012). I'll keep you all posted.

Mach2burnout

05 Redfire GT
Reaction score
Mine took about two weeks for the rotors to get to me. This was after the calipers, etc. got here. Don't sweat it they'll be there. USPS=slow! Also USPS does have tracking. It's not quite as good as FedEx/ups but it does work kind of! Lol

Sent from iPhone

tpsmak

forum member
Reaction score
Looks like I ended up with two front stainless steel lines kits. No rear kit at all. I have exchanged emails and spoken to Mike Mak several times today. He assured me the rear lines kit was going out USPS Priority Mail today. Have yet to see any of my rotors. They were shipped via USPS and it's impossible to track the shipment. Today, Mike told me they were shipped out last Friday (7/13/2012). I'll keep you all posted.

I just ran your tracking number and it does show progress now :)

69Mach1-409

Reaction score
Hey 69Mach:

I received the package from TPS today with the calipers, brake lines, pads and fluid. I noticed that both of the brake line packages are marked with "MUST-1500" for a part number. Along with the part number it looks like someone has hand written "FRT" on the parts label. Do you know if both lines kits are the same or is there a front and rear kit? Thanks in advance. I have an email into Mike asking the same thing.

Sorry it took so long to respond. I've been down the shore with only my phone to surf / update stuff.. and I suck at typing on it! :crazy: It should be pretty obvious in the difference between the front and rears, but it looks like you figured out the problem already. :thumb2:

BearzGT

Bears Fan
Reaction score
Sorry it took so long to respond. I've been down the shore with only my phone to surf / update stuff.. and I suck at typing on it! :crazy: It should be pretty obvious in the difference between the front and rears, but it looks like you figured out the problem already. :thumb2:

No prob. Hope your had a good time while you were away. Yeah, the correct rear lines kit is supposed to be on it's way as of yesterday. Looks like there is some tracking info on the rotors also. Appears they left Corona, CA last night. Unfortunately, I was told they were shipped last Friday. Oh well, I really wanted to start the project this Saturday. Thanks for the reply.

tpsmak

forum member
Reaction score
No prob. Hope your had a good time while you were away. Yeah, the correct rear lines kit is supposed to be on it's way as of yesterday. Looks like there is some tracking info on the rotors also. Appears they left Corona, CA last night. Unfortunately, I was told they were shipped last Friday. Oh well, I really wanted to start the project this Saturday. Thanks for the reply.

They were shipped but USPS does a poor job of updating their tracking numbers. More than likely you will have everything by Saturday :)

BearzGT

Bears Fan
Reaction score
They were shipped but USPS does a poor job of updating their tracking numbers. More than likely you will have everything by Saturday :)

Thanks for following up Mike. If the USPS info is correct the rotors should arrive today. Then I just need the rear lines kit and then it'l go under the knife.

BearzGT

Bears Fan
Reaction score
Well I received the correct rear lines kit today and the rotors. However, I've encountered a whole set of other issues that I'm not going to comment further on until I see how this plays out with the vendor. Already spoke to Mike on the phone this afternoon. Stay tuned.

69Mach1-409

Reaction score
Update on mine:

Drove from Pennsville, NJ to Ocean City, NJ, drove around OC all weekend, drove back home Tuesday night.. Plenty of miles and alot of braking during those miles, still have the ticking sound and it hasn't changed at all. Brakes feel GREAT, just the ticking makes it sound like trash!

Emailed Mike Wednesday / Thursday and he's working on a resolution.

BearzGT

Bears Fan
Reaction score
Update on mine:

I did end up getting the correct rear SS lines kit. However, when I received the rotors I ended up getting slotted only rotors and not the slotted/drilled I ordered. I have been in regular contact with Mike Mak regarding this issue. He originally told me I should have received the correct rotors by the end of last week. As of this morning, he's still waiting for confirmation from his vendor as to when the correct rotors will ship. Ordered this kit on June 19th and still not on the Stang. Stay tuned.

Mach2burnout

05 Redfire GT
Reaction score
Update on mine.
So I don't drive my car a lot but, I went to auto x on the 15th. Made 6 runs and never notice the ticking, but I trailered it and the next time I drove it was on the 27th when we went over to Houston for the Tx-La meet. A total of 600 miles of interstate and spirited city driving over 3 days. It was ticking the whole time!!

Mike I think this has went on long enough. We need a resolve to this issue. If it requires different pads, or rotors or whatever something has to give. I'm really not one to complain, but when you pass pedestrians on the street and they look at your car like....WTF!

Sent from iPhone

69Mach1-409

Reaction score
I 've been dealing with it for a month now too.. still waiting on the blank rotors that were suppose to be in last Friday.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back