Track App

Ret

forum member
Reaction score
Sometime back I ask if my 2012 Mustang GT Convertible could have come with Track app. I asked about that as it is covered in my car manual. Of course, the end of the section it stated if your car is equipped with Track App. At the time I questioned whether a convertible would have that installed simply because it is a convertible. A number of people responded to the posting but I never had a clear indication as to what I had.

Last night on Utube a man was going over the features of the 2010 - 2014 Mustangs and when he got to the Track app, he said they didn't come out until 2013 and were only installed on cars with stick shift. Can anyone confirm that his statement is correct.

yote0

Reaction score
Track Apps was introduced in 2013. It can be retrofitted into the 11/12 cars, but not really worth it IMO.

2012 MY did not have Tack Apps or Track Pack. It could, however be a Brembo package car. The 2010 and 2013/14 cars were available with the Track Pack.

Ret

forum member
Reaction score
I'm wondering if I'm using the correct terminology. My convertible has a track app switch down by the gear shift. Shuts on and off the traction control. I'm asking would a convertible have the additional ability to display the racing information on the dashboard like starter lights, time, etc. I hope this is clearer.

Reaction score
I'm wondering if I'm using the correct terminology. My convertible has a track app switch down by the gear shift. Shuts on and off the traction control. I'm asking would a convertible have the additional ability to display the racing information on the dashboard like starter lights, time, etc. I hope this is clearer.

The Track app was a feature of the LCD screen that the 2013 and 14 had between the 2 large dials on the dash replacing the gauges of earlier models. It was not available before 2013. Some have replaced their dash cluster in order to get that feature but IMO it is not worth the trouble.

Ret

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks Robert... I wouldn't think Ford would put them into a convertible, just because of safety issues. But maybe.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back