No Japanese Mustang Here
Reaction score
Last edited:

Fast351

I can't drive 55
Reaction score

Five Ohh

Reaction score
Just reporting back, I have had BG Syncroshift II for about 2 weeks now and it made a world of difference. 2nd gear is sometimes notchy when cold but im much happier now. There is some gear whine present but you have to turn the radio off and really listen for it to notice it.

Maybe im not used to driving the car yet but I swear shifting into 5th gear can be a little bitch at WOT.

Grimace427

Hellhound
Reaction score
Just reporting back, I have had BG Syncroshift II for about 2 weeks now and it made a world of difference. 2nd gear is sometimes notchy when cold but im much happier now. There is some gear whine present but you have to turn the radio off and really listen for it to notice it.

Maybe im not used to driving the car yet but I swear shifting into 5th gear can be a little bitch at WOT.

Glad to hear the fluid is working out for you!

I've only shifted into 5th at WOT twice, both were passes at the Texas Mile and I had no issues. Maybe my Joe Heck Racing shifter and bracket helped.

Napoleon85

forum member
Reaction score

cgibs89

Stickers add HP brah
Reaction score
Figured I'd throw my analysis out there with Amsoil MTG. So far so good. It helped tremendously with the grinding. That may also be in part to not having the soggy piece of paper that is the stock shifter, though. Like Five Ohh said above, second gear is still a bit of a whore to engage when it's really cold but after everything is warmed up, it's very smooth. Third gear used to crunch really bad but now it flows and engages like all the rest.

Definitely glad I switched fluids.

Rob72

No Japanese Mustang Here
Reaction score
Amsoil has a new filter for the Coyote and Roadrunner engines. The nano fiber synthetic media used is superior to both the WIX and FRPP filter.

Amsoil EaO17

I just ordered this filter. I think it's worth mentioning that it's the same size as the one that came from the factory unlike some of the aftermarket ones that are shorter.

Last edited:

JEWC_Motorsports

S197 Junkie
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
You can also use an EAO11 filter, it is slightly larger than the 17. Its the same filter that the 4.6 uses. I verified that it would work on my 2012. If you notice in the Ford Racing power pack they include the same size filter.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Reaction score
You can also use an EAO11 filter, it is slightly larger than the 17. Its the same filter that the 4.6 uses. I verified that it would work on my 2012. If you notice in the Ford Racing power pack they include the same size filter.

You are correct. I have read of many confirmed instances that the larger EaO11 will fit on the Coyote and Roadrunner engines.

EaO11

Preferred Customers buy this filter for only $13.15

Last edited:

pcarman

Reaction score
Amsoil Ea017 Filter

So I want to get a cap style filter wrench for when I change the oil. Anyone know what size fits?

Thanks.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Reaction score
So I want to get a cap style filter wrench for when I change the oil. Anyone know what size fits?

Thanks.

Cap style filter wrenches will not work for aftermarket Motorcraft filters, nor will they work with the currently sold EaO11.

The EaO17 and OEM "500" motorcraft filters will work with a cap style wrench, but I have no idea what sizes are required.

Last edited:

Lewis26

Reaction score
Never had a problem hand tightening and loosening mine, and never had any leaks.

UnleashedBeast

Engine Lubrication Guru
Reaction score
Never had a problem hand tightening and loosening mine, and never had any leaks.

Ditto, I only hand tighten my filters. Removing them by hand most of the time. The only reason why I use filter wrenches is to remove filters that are too tight to remove by hand.

Never a leak.

pcarman

Reaction score
Filter Wrench

This will be my first oil change for the car so I guess it depends on how tight the factory has the filter.

Rob72

No Japanese Mustang Here
Reaction score

I have been running the larger FRPP 4.6 filter for the past year myself and it definitely fits. It's definitely fatter and I think that it's shorter than the factory one also.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back