Trunk Release, Light

obxdude018

forum member
Reaction score
Ok trying to fix all the electrical problems in my car, I just got done rewiring the charging system, now trying to fix the few trunk problems, the trunk light doesn't work, getting 3 ohms through the light so I know it's not the light, the trunk release hasn't worked for a while, the buttons for the release haven't worked for like a year, its not the remotes however, so where is a good starting point for this, and the fuses are ok.

obxdude018

forum member
Reaction score
I put in a trunk release in the car today and still nothing, I had power going through the switch, but no pop from the trunk, and I got the light to work.

bronxbomba63

forum member
Reaction score
Check the end point in the wiring for the release. I'm not familiar with the system so I don't know if there's a solenoid or anything like that. But if you're not getting power there, "trace" the wiring. There may be a break or something. You can also try replacing the wiring entirely.

obxdude018

forum member
Reaction score
Anybody know where to get relays at, my horn stopped working a while ago, and I will start with the relay and troubleshoot from there.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back