Trying new ECU PATS question

jay320bird

Reaction score
I am trying a new ECU to see if this will fix an issue that I am having. I have read on here that if you turn pats off in the tune you shouldn't have to program the keys to the new ECU. Any information would be greatly appreciated. My tuner is using diablo software and I can send the tune if anyone could take a look at it.

Thanks
Jason

lito

forum member
Reaction score
I haven't ever tested it on a predator, there is one single switch in their software so I don't really know if it will work or not.

You can shoot me the FRG to manuel at tudyno dot com and I can flip it for you to test.

Both PCM share the same strategy/box code?

Hawgman

THE fucking bad guy
Staff member
Administrator
Super Moderator
S197 Team Member
Reaction score
Yes the PATS can be disabled in the tune. You will get the flashing security lock light, but the car will start and run. As to whether or not it can be done in Diablo tuning software I do not know. When I replaced my PCM I had my tuner send me a tune with the PATS disabled so I could drive it to Ford to have the keys done. Mine was done with SCT software.

Last edited:

fiverivers

forum member
Reaction score
I would definitely get the keys preprogrammed again. If the pats are disabled, anyone could start the car with any mustang key.

ReMustang05

forum member
Reaction score
If your previous tune was specific for the strategy code of your ecu then you can find a new ecu with the same strategy code and you won't need a new tune to turn off PATS.

Mike Rousch

Official Vendor
Reaction score
Lito is right, I know on some box codes there is 2 switches that operate the PATS in the SCT software.

If your previous tune was specific for the strategy code of your ecu then you can find a new ecu with the same strategy code and you won't need a new tune to turn off PATS.

I am pretty sure the keys are matched to the computer in the car, not just the box code.

Latest posts

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back