Tune for LTH question

BOBS197

forum member
Reaction score
The local shop has an opening tomorrow to install my LT headers, since I`m 60 yrs old having a shop do the job. I just ordered my tune but may not get it for a few days, the tune I have now has worked great- 12.78 @ 107. The drive to the shop is 4 miles, will I be able to drive home? will the 4miles do damage, will it even run or maybe back out of install until tune comes in. Thanks for any help!

BOBS197

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks for the info- now I feel better about doing it tomorrow- race track friday if tune gets in!!!

kyoshosp2

forum member
Reaction score
yea if you bring it over 2500 or so it will start to lean out so just drive normal and have the 02s plugged in and all should be good.

GAP

forum member
Reaction score
You dont even need a tune at all most of the time with headers. Brenspeed told me if I dont get a code for delayed response of the O2 sensors, I dont need a tune. Which tells me there's no benefit. You wont do any harm, or run lean. Probably a good idea to get on the dyno though, too see if more power can be had with tweaking the A/F one way or the other.

*JZ*

forum member
Reaction score
If you have a SCT device we could just e-mail you a tune that will have the proper adjustments needed for your longtubes and you'll be safe.

kyoshosp2

forum member
Reaction score
i have seen many lean out due to headers. if thats the case y tell him to get a tune and tweek the air fuel. it wont get richer freeing up the exhaust. id get it checked out to be safe and just not get on it. ill bet BBR John can tell you it will lean out.

Back