Updates to my 2004 Terminator Cobra

rxpwhistler1

forum member
Reaction score
What's up guys? It's been a while since I have posted on S197 and decided to post some pictures of my 04 Cobra.

Since my original post a while back when I picked her up in FL with 8,000 original miles...I have done the following.
-cut stock springs and left the ISO's, perfect drop if you ask me
-Hubcentric spacers in rear
-SS bumper inserts
-Removed paint from inside of front wheels, all original chrome now!
-Billet Hood Vents

I am still getting used to the power. It's fun to just be casually driving and talking to someone as you bring the RPM's above 3k and punch it, tires just spin at all sorts of different speeds. The thing is just plain nasty and by far my favorite Mustang to date. I have had a decent variety of Mustangs and the rawness of this car is absolutely perfect! I will try to get some vids soon. I have one somewhere of myself, another blk 03 vert and a 99 running E85. Fun highway runs!

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    493.4 KB · Views: 74
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    502.2 KB · Views: 85
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    504.4 KB · Views: 77
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    508 KB · Views: 77
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    580.8 KB · Views: 83

Grabber

Coyote Snob Member
Reaction score
Beautiful Cobra man.

Looks like you are not sparing a dime to mod this baby the correct way.

If you want to add a couple of cool things, I had a Terminator Sticker that fit perfectly on the rear Blue Oval of the Decklid. It looked good. I believe it was like $20 bucks, and it was Chrome Lettering, with a Carbon Fiber back ground. Not sure if you have this, but if you buy the custom engine plate for your cobra, that would look good as well.

Here is what I am referring to.

http://stangshiftergaskets.com/2003_2004faqs.htm#_Toc35092321

-Chris

rxpwhistler1

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks guys

I have the SVT badge custom made that says "terminator" under SVT, I believe it was made using the SVT anniversary badge. My FORD badge has the decal layover (so I can always return to stock) that reads "FAST" in Ford font with black background and chrome letters!

As for the exhaust, the tails are welded to the mufflers so I have to remove the entire catback to polish. Due to such, my plan is to remove upon winter storage and do the polishing. That's the only reason I went with the polished bumper inserts, as I don't like how they look now. Once the exhaust is polished, it will all tie together.

rxpwhistler1

forum member
Reaction score
few more pics

I don't have one of the inside of the wheel prior to removing the silver paint, however, you can see how nice it turned out with Aircraft Remover and Simple green using #0000 steel wool!

Attachments

• 8.jpg
    8.jpg
    432.2 KB · Views: 17
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    473.6 KB · Views: 14

stang8psi

forum member
Reaction score
I love the car and the mods!! But Just 1 thing stands out and doesn't look good and thats the rear wheels! The dish doesn't flow with the front wheel!

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back