Updrading speakers question

BadHabit2Break

forum member
Reaction score
I think I found the answer to my question above. It looks like the shelby spacer is 1/2" wide but due to the cutouts that it has if you use 1/2" mdf that is not enough by 3/8' inch. So you can't use 1/2" mdf. Looks like 3/4" will be enough though.

The stock wiring harness has 4 wires and I'm assuming you are using all 4 of them with these speakers. Can you summarize how you wired it up?

The wiring is simple. 4 wires (2 negative, 2 positive).

http://iihs.net/fsm/?dir=710&viewfile=130 - Audio System and Navigation.pdf

Page 2 and 3 depending on your build. Door sub wiring looks to be the same though.

GreenTerror

forum member
Reaction score
Thanks that helps! I just want to be prepared as possible when I start so that it goes smooth and I want to get it done in one go.

GreenTerror

forum member
Reaction score
Quick question, I am into the stereo install and there are 3 harnesses that come off the back of the factory unit. It looks like you only use 2 of them and the third one with 2 wires is not used? From the wiring diagram it looks like that 3rd one goes to "computer data".

Just want to confirm if I missed something or if that one is just not used?

Go GT

Reaction score
Quick question, I am into the stereo install and there are 3 harnesses that come off the back of the factory unit. It looks like you only use 2 of them and the third one with 2 wires is not used? From the wiring diagram it looks like that 3rd one goes to "computer data".

Just want to confirm if I missed something or if that one is just not used?

Satellite Radio? I think when I replaced my HU I didn't use the plug from the Satellite. My replacement HU didn't have a Satellite Radio option as I don't care to pay for it.

Support us!

Support Us - Become A Supporting Member Today!

Click Here For Details

Sponsor Links

Banner image
Back